Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So 17 states joined Texas in asking the supremes to overturn the election. Do you think the supremes will take it up and discuss or reject?

So 17 states joined Texas in asking the supremes to overturn the election. Do you think the supremes will take it up and discuss or reject?

Why? Are the 17 states plus Texas ALL the red states or are there some who have not joined in? Anyone know?

What do you think the odds are of the Supremes taking up the question debating/discussing and decided in favor of trump? I'm always interested in the odds of anything and everything but there are a lot of moving parts so i'm not sure which parts are pertinent?

Think they have a SHOT?

Posted - December 11, 2020

Responses

I think we will know soon. Before Mon. 

I would hope for the sake of the country they will examine the evidence.

It is 20 states now plus TX. This post was edited by my2cents at December 11, 2020 6:36 AM MST
      December 11, 2020 5:52 AM MST

Just because more states have joined the lawsuit doesn't mean they are right.  So far, no fraud has been proven.
      December 11, 2020 9:18 AM MST

Just updating the number....

If they look at the evidence, the fraud is there. 
      December 11, 2020 1:46 PM MST

Tell you what - after they look at the "evidence," let's see whether they think there was fraud or not.
      December 11, 2020 1:48 PM MST

If they examine the evidence....the  fraud is there both election and voter fraud. 
      December 11, 2020 1:53 PM MST

So, it's your opinion that none of the judges or justices before whom all the myriad cases have been brought have looked at the evidence.  If that's true, then it points up just how incompetent are the judges and justices appointed by Trump.  

All I can say is that for all of you who believe this - I'm happy to say there is no shortage of tin foil on the shelves.
      December 11, 2020 2:00 PM MST

:):):)
      December 12, 2020 2:40 AM MST

Why would you assume all the Judges were Trump appointees? They were not. Some were.   
    It points to them knowing this is going to Supremes and they have no need in have their lifes/towns destroyed by rioters.
      December 12, 2020 5:50 AM MST

You misread my comment.  I didn't say all the judges were appointed by Trump.  However, all the lawsuits were brought in red states, so one would surmise that the judges are not progressives.  

So, now your excuse is that they didn't look at the evidence because they knew it would wind up in the Supreme Court which means the judges were derelict in their duty.
      December 12, 2020 7:47 AM MST

December 12, 2020 3:28 AM MST

December 12, 2020 3:29 AM MST

We know tonight.  The Supreme Court of the United States refused to grant Texas, et al. the relief they wanted.  They stated that Texas had no standing to bring suit against another state.  

December 11, 2020 9:32 PM MST

December 12, 2020 1:46 AM MST

Nope. That was 1 case. That did not even exist Monday morning. That was not dismissed based on evidence (still not exmined in a court) But on standing. 
    There are 2 cases (2 different states) that headed for SCOTUS right now and there will be no standing issue with them. 
    In other state, there is one is way through the courts. 
    And yet in other state, case in WI will be in WI Supreme today. We will see if they bother to hear the case or just dismiss knowing it too will be headed to the SCOTUS. 

So it is not over as of yet. 
      December 12, 2020 5:47 AM MST

It is over - you just can't accept it.  You do realize that the SCOTUS can refuse to hear those cases.  
      December 12, 2020 7:49 AM MST

Yes, they can.  But there were 2 justices that wanted to hear the TX+20 case with the problem of standing.  I do not think it will be hard to get 2 more to want to hear them.  

But as I said if nothing else we will get our laws fixed and our elections secure. People will be going to jail for the fraud. And the unconstitutional laws will be overturned. 

But as of now it is not over.  The only day set firm in the Constitution election schedule is Jan 20. 

Why do Dems not believe that we should at least get our day in court with evidence being presented? 
      December 12, 2020 9:03 AM MST

There's no getting two more justices to hear the case on standing.  The court has rendered its decision - over and done on the Texas case.  

You've had more than your day in court - you've had weeks in court - and in none of those cases did you prove your cases.  Shot down at just about every turn.  Why do Republicans believe that they can continue bringing sham lawsuits to court with the expectation of winning?
      December 12, 2020 10:29 AM MST

I am taking about the 4 or so case still coming up the court system...Not the TX+20 case. 

These should have no problem getting 4 justices to what to hear the cases. No not one court has bothered to look at the evidence.   

We think the courts should at least look at the evidence....so far that has not happened. 
      December 12, 2020 10:46 AM MST