Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I wonder who the first person was to write down what he/she observed? We know a unique celetial thing occurred March 4, 1226. HOW?

I wonder who the first person was to write down what he/she observed? We know a unique celetial thing occurred March 4, 1226. HOW?

Posted - December 14, 2020

Responses

Do you mean "write down" as in words - or do pictures count?
    Hieroglyphs came before written words, by thousands of years.
    I think as soon as someone figured they could use mud or a different color stone to draw on a surface, to get their point across what animal they saw, "writing" was invented.
      December 14, 2020 1:45 PM MST

Document by whatever means was available or had been invented by then? Where was it "written" or "drawn"? Inside caves? It just is endlessly mindboggling to me how all of this "history" comes down to us. The validity or lack thereof? Aren't you mystified too Walt? Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 15, 2020 7:27 AM MST

I'm mystified by a few technologies ancient people had.

I mean, the boomerang is a great example.
    It uses aerodynamic technology that we didn't understand until recently.
    Yet it was invented by aboriginal people without the advanced math to invent it.

The same is true of ancient people who charted the movement of constellations and planets, to the point that we are only recently understanding those same movements.

Are such advancements evidence of prior higher civilization that collapsed, and left knowledge remnants scattered with various people?
    Or are they evidence of some unknown geniuses who caused a giant knowledge leap, beyond what those cultures should have been capable of?

December 15, 2020 7:43 AM MST

There ya go. PRECISELY! EXACTAMUNDO! Who made the first loaf of bread that rose  because it included YEAST? I told you this one before I think. Who roasted coffee beans and ground them and flavored them to make a drink? Who were these brave inventive creative imaginative people who thought "what if I....." and they did? I mean mindboggling isn't half of it! It's above and beyond anything I can imagine me doing. Of course I'm not the bravest person in the world so using me as a template isn't such a hot idea. I wonder if one day futurely we will know all the answers to any question we might have? Would that be awesomely splendid or what? Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      December 15, 2020 7:47 AM MST