Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Addicted to animal (homo saps) vegetable (food) mineral (jewels and gold) or all three?

Addicted to animal (homo saps) vegetable (food) mineral (jewels and gold) or all three?

There are addictions to suit every taste every fantasy every ecstasy.

All addicts are hostages. The addiction comes first always. Whatever the demands addicts obey.

Some addictions are permanent...other temporary.

Are you a slave to YOUR addiction or are you free?

Which addictions are beneficial or are there none?

Posted - December 20, 2020

Responses

December 20, 2020 7:07 PM MST

Well maybe me too though I don't think so. Every day I have two drinks unless I'm feeling "under the weather". Not one and never three but two. I'm 83 and all my medical tests come back perfectly. When I had an oncologist she told me "whatever you're doing keep doing it". That was in 2008 through 2018 when she stopped monitoring me. My family doctor said the same thing in November when I had my "physicial". Tests are superb. "Whatever you're doing keep doing it". So I am and I do. How is your shoulder? Thank you for your reply and the graphic! What's your drink? Scotch, right? Mine is vodka. :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 21, 2020 6:02 AM MST
      December 21, 2020 2:46 AM MST

You are very fortunate. Keep it up.
      December 21, 2020 6:02 AM MST

I hope you know that I KNOW! Every day I am appreciative/grateful of my good fortune. I survived cancer that was supposed to kill me in five years...odds I guess. I survived a terrible car accident that should have killed Jim and me. He had a mild concussion. I had glass imbedded in my forehead and arm which the nurse took three hours to get out but otherwise after the black and blue healed up no residual damage. Nor did Jim have permanent damage. Our car was totaled. Collapsed. Crushed. When my son saw it he could not believe we were not killed.  Here I am good as new. Why I do not know. I have osteoporosis allegedly and about six months ago I tripped and fell forward without having time to break my fall with my arms. I fell full weight (112 lbs) flat on the right side of my face. I was shaken and alone and lay there a few minutes. Then I realized I was fine so I sat up. Of course my face was a mess for weeks. Swollen and black and blue but we were masking then so it wasn't that obvious. NOTHING BROKE. NOTHING CRACKED. Okay. So I have a very hard head but shouldn't there have been some breakage somewhere? I don't get it and never will. I do eat right and am very healthy but a bone is a bone. Maybe I'm surrounded in some sort of protective bubble. Anything is possible! Thank you for your reply and apologies for my lengthy response! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 21, 2020 6:15 AM MST
      December 21, 2020 6:12 AM MST