Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Someone who TORTURES the victim before he/she commits the murder is more cruel than someone who just commits a murder. EXCEPT?

Someone who TORTURES the victim before he/she commits the murder is more cruel than someone who just commits a murder. EXCEPT?

Dead is dead. Murder is murder. The means by which it is achieved? Kind or cruel? Seriously?

Posted - December 23, 2020

Responses

I would agree with the statement.
    I would also say that someone who tortures another, and then lets them live - MAY be crueler still.
    The victim may be physically scarred for life, and are likely mentally scarred for life.

Even given the choice of how I die, just in general ... I would prefer to go instantly, rather than living in pain for any length of time before dying.
      December 23, 2020 2:59 PM MST

I'd like to die as my dad did. He took a nap and never woke up. When I saw him lying on the sofa he had a slight smile on his face. Whatever he had been dreaming seemed to be pleasant. I always though that was his reward for being a good man. He was only 54. Died of a heart attack. had smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day for many years and then when his doctor told it was hurting his heart he quit cold turkey. Back in those days everything was fried. Vegetables weren't that big a part of meals. But I digress. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Christmas Eve day Thursday 2020! :)
      December 24, 2020 2:02 AM MST