Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Pain Pleasure Principle. I wonder how large the world population would be today if having sex caused excruciating pain to both parties?

Pain Pleasure Principle. I wonder how large the world population would be today if having sex caused excruciating pain to both parties?

There would be no pleasure for anyone. Only unendurable pain. No ecstasy.

No pedophiles? No rapes? No child sex trafficking or hoors or pimps or madames?

Imagine such a world as that? No masochists who get off on experiencing pain. No sadists who get off on causing pain?

Well?

Posted - December 25, 2020

Responses

It was designed to be "pleasurable" in order to propagate the species.  (man+woman = husband and wife = family)

But, just like everything else, humans perverted that simple formula.  (man + many women = pleasure).   The more people strayed from the original formula, the more perverse they became.  (Man or woman+beast = pleasure.  Man or woman+child = pleasure (etc.))  Instead of loving the person in the body, humans "loved" the body itself.  If another person's body is just an object, them once can do anything they desire with that object.  They allowed their desire for pleasure to consume them (lust).    And just look where its gotten us!
      December 25, 2020 11:52 AM MST

Precisely. I wonder how many "happily married" men/women CHEAT on their spouses? I wonder how many have OPEN marriages where they both sleep around all they want but stay together because they "love" each other? What a sham scam. Bogus. Chintzy. Cheap. I think many conflate LOVE with convenience. They have no clue what love is because if they really LOVED they could not would not ever cheat. Oh well. It is what it is right? Human nature and all being what it is. Boys will be boys you know. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak! :)
      December 26, 2020 1:58 AM MST

Many confuse love with lust.  
    Lust is self-centered, while love is other person centered.  
      December 26, 2020 2:32 PM MST

Exactamundo. I honestly believe that hundreds of millions of people don't have a clue what love is. Sadly. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      December 27, 2020 2:30 AM MST

Zero. We would have no desire to reproduce. There would be no, nor ever would have been, 'we'.
      December 25, 2020 1:50 PM MST

Then the world would be pristine having no homo saps to crap it up. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Satruday to thee and thine. :)
      December 26, 2020 1:55 AM MST