Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For FOUR YEARS we have dumbed down to accommodate to duckhead. How long after he's gone will it take us to SMARTEN BACK UP to where we were?

For FOUR YEARS we have dumbed down to accommodate to duckhead. How long after he's gone will it take us to SMARTEN BACK UP to where we were?

Posted - January 4, 2021

Responses

Decades!  (if we're lucky)
      January 4, 2021 12:33 PM MST

Sigh. You have no idea how much I wish I could disagree with you Shuhak. But well I can't. Decades?. So it will be sometime after my time and during yours. Rome wasn't built a day, right? What that has to do with anything is not clear but it popped into my head and so I shared it with you. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 5, 2021 2:25 AM MST

It takes less time to destroy something than it does to build it.
      January 5, 2021 10:44 AM MST

Way loads lots less. A house can be demolished in an hour with massive machinery. How long does it take to build? Everything is like that. The easy fast cheap lazy way to "do" is tear down. Those who do are a dime a dozen on the discount shelf along with the remnants of bolts of cloths, day old bread and outdated canned goods. Caveat emptor! You buy cheap you get cheap...what others rejected. Buy two! Cheap doubled is twice as nice! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 6, 2021 9:47 AM MST
      January 6, 2021 6:21 AM MST

It's been longer than 4 years.
    Our public schools have been doing so for generations.
      January 4, 2021 2:37 PM MST

That may well be true. However my point is that since January 2017 the descent has been rapid and constant. How long will it take for us to recover what we had before the monstrous abomination set about to destroy us? If you could confine yourself to the limits of my question I'd appreciate it Walt. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      January 5, 2021 2:27 AM MST

My point is that we are not here because of Trump ... he is merely the latest result of the ongoing dumbing-down of our society.
    Well, that plus the constant divisions encouraged by politicians.
    Those two combined have placed us in a downward spiral, and will ensure the US does not "bounce back" after Trump is out of office.

Trump is merely a symptom of the power of the "cult of personality" so prevalent in our society.
    He is one of the many people who have been placed before us as "role models" by media.
    Not due to any talent on their part - but because of the drama in their lives, or they make a lot of money, or both.
    Just look at all the "Reality TV" celebrities, for evidence of this phenomena.
    It's even worse on the internet, with all the "minor celebrities" who are followed by millions of youth.
      January 5, 2021 6:59 AM MST

"We are not here because of trump"? I seriously disagree with thee most emphatically. WE ARE HERE BECAUSE OF DUCKHEAD. Would there still be a virus if he had been doing his job? OF COURSE. But we would have had a two-month HEADS UP working very diligently from the start. REMEMBER he destroyed the data Obama had written up about how to handle PANDEMICS. hE GOT RID OF KNOWLEEGEABLE PANDEMIC SCIENTISTS AND REPLACED THEM WITH  WEALTHY CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTORS WHO DIDN'T KNOW THEIR A**ES FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND. HOW IS IT YOU DON'T KNOW THAT? WHATEVER. Thank you for your reply Walt. Your focus on Devil's Advocating at times is quite unintelligible in my opinion. Could it all be my fault for being too dense to comprehend your brilliance? Sure. Anything is possible. Right? This post was edited by RosieG at January 5, 2021 7:05 AM MST
      January 5, 2021 7:03 AM MST

As I've said before, Trump is the latest symptom of the disease.
    The disease being the "dumbing down" of our education system, and politicians encouraging bigotry and division.
    Without the second, Trump would not have been elected.
    Without the first, people would have followed the science.

It's like a fever isn't the cause of someone being ill ... it's just (one of) the most obvious symptoms of the body being ill.
      January 6, 2021 6:48 AM MST

I can't say you are wrong Walt. I can tell you I have never noticed it before until the dark day that duckhead was foisted on us through a rigged election. Everything he says/does is a product of dumbing down. Those who buy that crap have dumbed down. All the folks he hired dumbed down and if they didn't remain/stay dumbed down he fired them. There has never been such a massive comprehensive DUMBING DOWN of a nation under anyone remotely like the duckhead! Thank you for your reply. Gonna watch the news happening in D.C. to see if he successfully starts CIVIL WAR NUMBER TWO? :)
      January 6, 2021 7:22 AM MST