Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Water down/dilute chemotherapy so more patients can get it. Half-dose the virus vaccine so more folks can get it. What's the worstcase?

Water down/dilute chemotherapy so more patients can get it. Half-dose the virus vaccine so more folks can get it. What's the worstcase?

All the short-changed DIE of course.

But once again so what? Stretching is the name of the game. Not saving lives. Stretching.

Posted - January 5, 2021

Responses

Did you really expect otherwise?  

Supply and demand.  Everyone's demanding it and there's no supply.  They said long ago that when they found a vaccine, it'd take time to make enough for the entire world.  Patience isn't in people's vocabulary.  They want it NOW!  Did you listen to them?  They want a shot NOW so they can go out and hug someone (as if it works instantly.. and with just 1 dose).  People are stupid.  5 can't do 5000.

Of course, you know that the wealthy and prominent are already  trying to push their way to the front of the line - and they want full doses.  After that, who cares what happens to the vaccine.  Skimp on it, dilute it, toss it in the garbage, or whatever; not their problem.  (You know, Muffy, I do believe our third house would look good with an olympic sized champagne pool where those awful servants quarters are.)

January 5, 2021 11:38 AM MST

As I'm reading your reply to my question Shuhak which is by the way SPOT ON I want to scream because of it but it's impossible to scream when you are weeping within. It all keeps playing out as was and is PREDICTABLE. You know what th real sadness is? It didn't have to be this way. That's the killer here. It didn't have to be this way. What do we do with THAT? Cooperation. A common desire to survive. Knowledge that pulling together in the same direction would be the only way we could get to where we needed. Very doable. Figuratively and potentially. Thank you for your thoughtful and incisive sketch of what we have now. Today is gonna be a "wild" day per the duckhead. See you on the other side?
      January 6, 2021 5:27 AM MST