Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Dr. Fauci says "if we can start vaccinating regular folks by next April or May we may get it under control by autumn". IF by April or May?

Dr. Fauci says "if we can start vaccinating regular folks by next April or May we may get it under control by autumn". IF by April or May?

So large-scale vaccination is THAT FAR AWAY STILL?

What happens in the interim (as if I didn't know)?

IF. He says IF because he knows y'all don't plan to cooperate at all. Y'all plan to keep doing what yer doin and let the chips falls where they may.

Cooperation is a dirty word..a filthy word...the most worst word. That's why y'all REFUSE to engage in it. You are so pristine and clean and devout and proper.

Posted - January 6, 2021

Responses

He has moved up his timeframe...he used to claim 2022. 
      January 6, 2021 5:52 AM MST

He didn't move up his time frame.  He said if.
      January 6, 2021 6:42 AM MST

And before he also said IF....
      January 6, 2021 1:15 PM MST

"If", huh.... 

Well, "if" I were you I wouldn't go getting my hopes up.

They can't even distribute the vaccines they have right now.  Incompetence?  Too many "rules"?  (still) Unprepared?  Take your pick.

People cooperate?  HA!  That's a joke.  It's a "me, me" world out there.  "I" do what "I" want and NO one can make me do otherwise!

Back when we were in school, we were occasionally given tests (pop quizzes, exams, reviews, finals) to see whether we had learned the lessons we'd been taught.  If we didn't pass, we'd have to study harder lest we fail the final exam and have to repeat the class the following year.  
    Tests were rarely "fun".  Nearly everyone hated - dreaded - tests (although there were a few oddballs who seemed to enjoy them).  Year after year, we’d endure those stupid tests, all the while looking eagerly to the day when we'd graduate high school and never have to take a test again.
    Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out that way.  Even after we graduated, there were still tests.  Now, however, we didn't get to "cram" for them the night before.  They weren't done on paper and we didn't have to turn them in; and sometimes a test came before we were even taught the material.  The "grades" we received on these tests aren't pass/fail, they’re consequences.  Some affect us, some affect others, and some affect both.  These "tests" aren't math, language, history, or PE tests; rather they're the tests of life.  

The virus we are currently enduring is another of life’s many tests.  However, it is quite evident that we haven’t learned the lesson.  That lesson - ‘It’s not just about you’ (“I” before “we” ends in tragedy).  Unfortunately, the lesson many take is, ‘“I” and “me” is the entirety’.  This isn’t a formula for cooperation; rather it’s a formula for selfishness.  The virus is a test.  It’s showing us we still need to learn how to cooperate with each other.  That it’s not just about “me”. 

January 6, 2021 1:06 PM MST

I'm that oddball who has always LOVED tests. Know why? How else do I know if I learned what I was supposed to learn? It's a yardstick..a measureing tool... the result of which gives you more information about what you missed or didn't get right and give you a chance to learn it. I can't for the life of me understand why everyone doesn't look at tests in that way. Giving you info you would never have access to otherwise. How is that not a good thing? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 9, 2021 12:28 PM MDT
      July 9, 2021 12:16 PM MDT

YES, YES, YES!!!  I've said that for years!  The purpose of a test is to see how much we know, whether we've been taught it or if we need to be taught.  Tests, be they on sheets of paper or if they are circumstances in life, are for US.  Theyley US know if we know it or not.   If we don't then we can go and learn it; if we do, then we can move on.
      July 9, 2021 12:58 PM MDT

Okay. I am officially confused now. You referred to the tests as stupid and those who like taking them as oddballs and now you are agreeing with me? Do you see why I'm confused? Can you explain please? Thank you.
      July 9, 2021 1:40 PM MDT

I was referring to being in school.  BAck then very few students likes tests (except for that brainy kid who always messed up the bell curve).  Can you say that many kids in your school didn't groan when a pop quiz was announced?  Or that they eagerly looked forward to finals?
      July 9, 2021 6:41 PM MDT

What other tests are there Shuhak? I am referring to school specifically. Where else have you taken tests? Oh you mean like a driver's license test? I DREAD those. As for the other kids I don't know any of them who was wired as I was. LOVING being in school. LOVING taking tests. That's why I was then and I am now an oddball. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 10, 2021 11:48 AM MDT
      July 10, 2021 2:27 AM MDT

Life is fill of tests.  Some are called temptations.
      July 10, 2021 11:29 AM MDT

You mean testing your morality honesty courage? Sure. I'll certainly give you that. But when I hear the word TEST I revert back to school.

Moral tests engulf us. What you do when no when sees you or hears you is who you are. Some rise to the occasion and some are eradicated.

Thank you for your reply. A test of will. A test of courge. A test of faith. A test of honor. Some pass some fail.
      July 10, 2021 11:50 AM MDT