Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I have no idea what this means. Do you?

I have no idea what this means. Do you?

The GENERAL in charge of US Air Force Warfare was DEMOTED to COLONEL because of an illicit affair.

Well how far down was that knockdown?

Posted - January 10, 2021

Responses

Article 134 Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) prohibits extra-marital affairs for all members. For enlisted you get a slap on the hand. For Officers it is also Conduct Unbecoming and demotion is a fitting punishment.
      January 10, 2021 12:22 PM MST

No sweetie that isn't what I meant. I didn't ask the question clearly. How many ranks DOWN was that knockdown? How far down is a Colonel compared to a General? I have no idea how military rankings go. After colonel do you become a General or are there other ranks in-between? Is it okay if two single people fall in love? Is it the cheating on a mate that is the "illicit" part that's the problem? Thank you for your reply E and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      January 11, 2021 1:28 AM MST

Oops...missed that.
      January 11, 2021 8:21 AM MST

Not your fault E. In fact Nanoose misunderstand something I asked in a question today. NOT his fault either. I know what it is I mean and I just have to try harder to get it across completely. So I'm not perfect! Imagine that? EEK! But the good news is when you aren't perfect there is always room for improvement right?  :):):)
      January 11, 2021 11:57 AM MST

He was a Major General (2-star; O-8), below that is Brigadier General (1-star; 0-7) and then Colonel (0-6).  So, he comes down two ranks and the difference in pay (depending on how many years he served).  It appears he graduated from the Air Force Academy in 1989, which would put him at 20+ years of service.  From what I can tell, O-8 basic pay (20+ years) is $14,730.00; 0-7 basic pay (20+ years) is $10,890.90.  There all sorts of add-ons.

https://www.dfas.mil/MilitaryMembers/payentitlements/Pay-Tables/Basic-Pay/CO/
      January 10, 2021 12:23 PM MST

Thanks L. So he was knocked down two ranks. Your reply is very comprehensive and thorough and very helpful. I never did understand military rankings. I guess two knocks down is fairly serious. I wonder how often that happens? I guess the military is no different than the civilian. :) ((hugs))
      January 11, 2021 1:31 AM MST

I have no idea how often such things happen, but it is quite a feather in one's cap to get to the status of a 2-star general only to be cut back to colonel because you can't keep it in your pants.  From what I read, he has behaved less than appropriately on several occasions over a period of time.  When they bust them down, it's to the next rank where his performance was proper.  
      January 11, 2021 10:57 AM MST

Way to go! They all do themselves in eventually. Thank you for your reply L! A lifetime of humiliation for a roll in the hay? Lousy 'ROI! :)
      January 11, 2021 11:22 AM MST

I thought the same thing about David Petraeus.
      January 11, 2021 2:12 PM MST

The HOT TO TROT teenagers are one thing. Hormones block out thinking. BUT ADULTS? That's a different story altogether. And a military guy who should be diligent disciplined dedicated? Way different! Defective merchandise. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)_
      January 12, 2021 3:33 AM MST