Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » An Answermug friend says "it seems that only bad eggs get on the ballots". With very RARE exception it seems that way to me too! YOU?

An Answermug friend says "it seems that only bad eggs get on the ballots". With very RARE exception it seems that way to me too! YOU?

Isn't there a "LAW OF AVERAGES" that operates independently all the time?

I am not familiar with the specifics of it but maybe some one among you is.

How come mostly typically ordinarily standardly pols are more often BAD EGGS than good? WAY MORE OFTEN?

Has the Law of Averages abandoned politics? Given up because the breed of sap drawn to it is hopeless?

Posted - January 13, 2021

Responses

Most decent people do not want dragged into the dirty world of politics. 
      January 13, 2021 12:18 PM MST

I've heard the reason good people generally don't enter politics (above the county level) is because "everyone has skeletons in their closet".
    We all have something we don't want exposed to the world.
    It doesn't even have to be criminal - just something you would be embarrassed about, if everybody knew about it.
    I mean, there are things my close friends know about me - but I wouldn't want complete strangers to know, because they don't have context.
      January 13, 2021 3:43 PM MST

Here's mine Walt. The first thing that popped into my head. I'm sure there are more far worse but at the time I was caught and humiliated. I was ten. My grandmother gave me some money to go to the store to buy something for her. I forget what. Well I had a FEROCIOUS sweet tooth as a kid so I bought a bag of chocolate chips too. And put them in my pockets. I came home and gave Grandma the things she'd asked for and the change. She said I had been cheated and not given the right change. I don't remember what happend to the receipt but I expect I didn't give it to her because if I had she would have seen the chocolate chips purchased. As we were walking to the store I knew I had to tell her what I had done. I was ten. I'm 83. I think that was the most ashamed and embarrassed I have ever been. I remember it vividly to this day. So of course we didn't go to the store. I had confessed and I felt like sh**! I've probably done worse things in my life but that is the one I most regret. I lied to my grandmother and disappointed her. I can't forget that. But I'll tell you what it did for me. That's why I don't lie. Being found out is more humiliating and shameful than telling any truth and facing the consequences. It damaged me in way that I can't explain. I was always "the good child". Well I sure as he** blew that! That's it. Thank you for your reply m'dear TRUE CONFESSIONS? This post was edited by RosieG at January 14, 2021 3:50 PM MST
      January 14, 2021 3:27 AM MST