Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » SCIENCE and MATH. Discoveries or inventions?

SCIENCE and MATH. Discoveries or inventions?

Posted - January 16, 2021

Responses

Math is definitely an invention - which is why there have been many forms of it.
    EG: We currently use a "base 60" for time - 60 seconds in a minute, and 60 minutes in an hour.
    There has been a "base 40" system, which is no longer used.  A moment is actually part of the "base 40" system, where there were 40 moments in a minute and 40 minutes in a hour.

Science is also an invention - as it is the general term to describe a process.  
    It is not, itself, a discovery.  People did not discover how to science.  They invented the best processes to use, and are still refining them.

January 16, 2021 6:38 AM MST

Congrats m'dear. You found a simple path to describing two very complicated things. Good job Walt.

Do you get excited about math? Some folks do methinks. I get excited about Quantum PHysics. By now you know that. I wonder how many folks never get excited about anything? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! STAY SAFE! :)
      January 16, 2021 6:46 AM MST