Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why is it that the White Supremacist men hate black men so much? I think it' due to jealousy/envy. "White men can't jump". What else?

Why is it that the White Supremacist men hate black men so much? I think it' due to jealousy/envy. "White men can't jump". What else?

They are quite superior athletically. We see that every day if we are sports fans.Le Bron James/Michael Jordan? What white can touch them? Basketball TOTALLY. Football pretty much.

Where else might jealousy/envy exist? Well I'm not one to spread rumors. Suffice it to say there are other areas where they are said to be superior. I leave it to you to figure out what they may be.

Posted - January 18, 2021

Responses

So many stereotypes there....
      January 18, 2021 7:22 AM MST

if you go far enough left you become a racist
      January 18, 2021 7:29 AM MST

OMG. REALLY? How droll. If you are serious I pity you. If you are joking I'm not a fan. Either way SHEESH.
      January 18, 2021 11:32 AM MST

I thought Larry Bird was white.  lol

Only known NBA player to record at least:

28 points, 19 rebounds, 15 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocked shots in a game
    60 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 92% free throw percentage in a game
    53 points, 8 rebounds, 70% shooting from the field and 100% shooting from the foul line in a game
    50 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists and 75% shooting from the field in a game
    42 points, 20 rebounds, 5 assists and 100% free throw percentage in a game
    42 points, 20 rebounds, 3 steals and 100% free throw percentage in a game
    42 points, 20 rebounds, 2 blocked shots and 100% free throw percentage in a game
    42 points, 20 rebounds, 100% free throw percentage and 2 or less turnovers in a game
    42 points, 20 rebounds, 3 steals and 62.5% shooting from the field in a game
    42 points, 20 rebounds, 5 assists and 62.5% shooting from the field in a game
    45 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists and 5 blocked shots in a game
    45 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocked shots and 100% free throw percentage in a game
    49 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assists and 4 steals in a game
    49 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assists and one blocked shot in a game
    49 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assists and 5 or less turnovers in a game
    49 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assists and 54% shooting from the field in a game
    49 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assists and 90% free throw percentage in a game
    49 points, 12 assists, 4 steals and 54% shooting from the field in a game
    49 points, 12 assists, 4 steals and 90% free throw percentage in a game
    49 points, 12 assists, 5 or less turnovers and 90% shooting from the foul line in a game
    21 points, 8 steals and 12 rebounds while shooting perfectly from the foul line in a game
    12 rebounds, 10 assists, 8 steals and one blocked shot in a game
    29 points, 8 steals and 10 rebounds while shooting 60% from the field in a game
    30 points, 9 steals, 2 blocked shots and 12 rebounds in a game
    30 points, 9 steals, 2 blocked shots and 10 assists in a game
    9 steals, 2 blocked shots, 12 rebounds and 10 assists in a game
    30 points, 9 steals, 12 rebounds and 10 assists in a game
    36 points, 19 rebounds, 6 steals and 3 blocked shots in a game

One of two known NBA players to record at least:

49 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 blocked shots in a game
    other player is Michael Jordan (November 20, 1992 at Los Angeles Lakers)

49 points, 14 rebounds, 4 steals and 54% shooting from the field in a game
    other player is Michael Jordan (twice; February 12, 1985 and March 28, 1990)

49 points, 12 assists, 4 steals and one blocked shot in a game
    other player is Russell Westbrook (April 19, 2017)

49 points, 12 assists, 4 steals and 5 or less turnovers in a game
    other player is Russell Westbrook (April 19, 2017)

49 points, 12 assists, one blocked shot and 54% shooting from the field
    other player is James Harden (January 27, 2017)

49 points, 12 assists, one blocked shot and 90% shooting from the foul line
    other player is James Harden (January 27, 2017)

19 rebounds, 6 steals, 3 blocked shots and 3 or less turnovers in a game
    other player is Michael Cage (April 19, 1988)

21 points, 8 steals, 12 rebounds and 10 assists
    Bird did this twice (February 18, 1985 and October 25, 1985)
    other player is Fat Lever (November 24, 1987)
      January 18, 2021 10:23 AM MST

You really went all out on this. I was am and will always be a fan of the BOSTON CELTICS during the heydey of LARRY BIRD. MAGIC JOHNSON played for the Lakers. MICHAEL JORDAN was also around. I gather you're a fan of Larry or did you just do this now because you got so incensed that I would dare say that Michael and LeBron are probably the best BASKETBALL PLAYERS who ever lived? When Bobby Hurley Played for mike K at DUKE I was a big fan. He went on to the pros and nothing happened for him. He was in an auto accident and never really recovered. Ever hear of PISTOL PETE MARAVICH? Ever see HIM play? He was amazing astonishing GREAT. Didja like any black player? How about Clyde the Glide DREXLER? John Stockton? Not black but a dam* good white. Were you even born then Walt? Geez. Amazing your need to prove something that is irrelevant. You know what made LARRY great? How he RAN the floor. Same thing with Magic. How he ran the floor and made opportunities for the other players. I think Michael and LeBron were/are more superstars intent on SCORING. Magic and Larry pulled in the entire team and managed them. When my son was 16 he and his friends pulled me in to basketball games. I GOT HOOKED. My son is almost 55. It's been decades since he and his pals and I watched basketball games together. I WAS ALWAYS ROOTING FOR THE CELTICS and they always rooted for the Lakers. MIND YOU my kid was BORN in Massachusetts so by rights he shouldda been a Celtics fan. He wasn't. Those games were always the best of the best but we watched tons of other teams play for a few years and sometimes we rooted for the same team to win. Once when my kid was going to Cal Berkeley I drove up from Los Angeles for a visit and he and his friends surprised me with tickets to see the PHOENIX SUNS and GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS play! AT the time I was a fan of one of the players on the Suns. Anyway I had the time of my life! How often have you attended basketball games in person? Are you currently a fan of anyone in particular? Larry Bird doesn't play any longer just in case you don't know. I know. That was being a bit sarcastic. Apologies. Anyway thanks for the romp down memory lane. Lots of good memories way back there. So we disagree on who is the greatest ever? SO WHAT?. This post was edited by RosieG at January 18, 2021 11:48 AM MST
      January 18, 2021 11:45 AM MST

My dad was a big fan of Larry Bird, so that's about the only reason I remember him.  
    He was the reason my dad switched from being a Dolphins fan to the Celtics. 
    (Not that dad was from Miami or Florida.  So I don't know why he was originally a Dolphins fan.)

I remember Clyde the Glide, only because he played for the Portland Trailblazers - and you couldn't turn on the local radio or TV without hearing something about him at the time.

I was never a sports fan, so I only watch games if I'm at someone's house and they're watching something.

In fact, it annoys some of my friends that I cheer all good plays regardless of team - and groan for all "close calls".
    (when I'm invited to watch playoffs or finals)
    But to me, it's just a display of skill and I'm not invested in any particular team or player.
      January 18, 2021 12:56 PM MST

Jim does the same exact thing Walt. Cheers a great play even if it isn't done by his favorite. I think that is being a good sports enthusiast. Step away from the partisan thing and just look at it for the talent thing. Well of course without my son and his friends there is no way I'd have been interested in anything like that on my own. But well you watch these guys all the time and you begin to notice the ones who glide across the floor making all their shots or feeding the ball to someone they can COUNT on to do it and after awhile you become a fan just because (dare I say it?) of the BEAUTY that is going on in the game. Not BEAUTY in the normal sense of Elizabeth Taylor but beauty in the sense of a rainbow or sunset. I cut my teeth on Bobby Orr of the Boston Bruins. My first look at hockey and by golly the very best. He was poetry in motion. As happens a lot to hockey players his knees gave out but while he played it was an honor to watch him. Thank you for your reply. Those days were a lot of fun. And I'll tell ya I loved the look of shock on the faces of people when I could rattle off names and scores and stats! Me. A middle-aged accountant lady. Who wouldda thunk it? Thank you for your reply Walt! Yes. Those were the days. Wondrous days. This post was edited by RosieG at January 18, 2021 1:12 PM MST
      January 18, 2021 1:10 PM MST

Jealousy? Very likely.

We have to be careful though. That stereotype of blacks being inherently more athletically gifted than whites is very common and very widespread but has little or no physiological foundation. If that ability was due to ethnicity, the most athletic would probably be of Nepalese or Peruvian, not African, ancestry.

The apparent greater successes by ethnicity are results of society, culture and opportunity, instead. 

It's not the only flawed stereotype that gives ethnicity or nationality supposed advantages in particular fields. Related myths are that being a Central European (German or Italian) grants a propensity to creating great music; that an Indian (Asian, not American, "Indian") axiomatically has the brains to be a professional mathematician or computer-programmer; or much more destructively and of greater antiquity, that being Jewish attracts money.

January 18, 2021 3:25 PM MST