Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Was the reason no one was allowed to attend Biden's inauguration because of COVID or was it because…

Was the reason no one was allowed to attend Biden's inauguration because of COVID or was it because…

they knew that he would not attract much of a crowd?

Posted - January 21, 2021

Responses

• I'm pretty sure it was because of COVID. They were already saying it would be a "remote" inauguration before the violence at the Capitol.

Either way, I'm not particularly interested in the crowd-size dick-measuring contest between Trump and Democrats. 

January 21, 2021 11:04 AM MST

No, I am not suggesting that people may have been afraid to show up.  I am saying that the did didn't want to open it to the people because they just would not show up, thereby showing that Biden is not a popular as they want us to believe.
      January 21, 2021 12:18 PM MST

• Yeah, no. 
      January 21, 2021 2:04 PM MST

I believe there were two reasons.  First, and foremost, to lessen the chance of exposure to the virus and second, because after the January 6 violence, it was more prudent to keep the attendees to a minimum.  He probably had more people there than Trump did at his farewell address.  I understand he was very disappointed in how few people showed up.  I that isn't going to be the last his his disappointments.
      January 21, 2021 3:15 PM MST

LMAO!
      January 21, 2021 7:14 PM MST

Theater.  Pure and simple.  Acting out a fiction.  
      January 22, 2021 3:57 AM MST

I would have to say both. With a bigger nod going to he wouldn't have attracted much of a crowd.
      January 22, 2021 4:09 AM MST