Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is MALICE akin to HATE? If you HATE someone is it due to the MALICE you "feel" towards them? How many can you actively malice at once?

Is MALICE akin to HATE? If you HATE someone is it due to the MALICE you "feel" towards them? How many can you actively malice at once?

Posted - January 21, 2021

Responses

Akin - but not the same.

hatred is strong aversion; intense dislike; hateful regard; an affection of the mind awakened by something regarded as unpleasant, harmful or evil while malice is intention to harm or deprive in an illegal or immoral way desire to take pleasure in another's misfortune.

So one may have hatred towards someone, without malice towards them.

I would also say that hatred is not necessary for malice.
    EG: A psychopath with no empathy towards others becomes a serial killer because they take pleasure in harming others.  Not because they hate them.
      January 21, 2021 2:02 PM MST

Which one is worse Walt? Which one does more damage to the person "feeling" it? It seems to me there is a terrible lot of each in the world. Is there any way to mitigate minimize restrict contain? Thank you for your thoughtful analysis. Some people some filled up with it all the time. Is it due the internal workings or outside occurrences? Happy Friday to you and yours! :)
      January 22, 2021 12:11 AM MST

Hmmmmm ... I would think malice would generally be more harmful to the person feeling it, because it requires them to plan ways to harm the other person.  

I mean, I could hate somebody - and not have to "constantly" acknowledge that emotion, if I'm not around the other person.
    But if I have malice towards somebody - I would be "constantly" focusing on that feeling, and plotting how to harm them.
      January 22, 2021 9:23 AM MST

Then malice might drive OBSESSION? Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      January 22, 2021 9:36 AM MST