Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It's a PRIVILEGE and an HONOR to witness greatness. Of course you can always read about it but what beats BEING THERE?

It's a PRIVILEGE and an HONOR to witness greatness. Of course you can always read about it but what beats BEING THERE?

What greatness have YOU witnessed?

Posted - January 23, 2021

Responses

Greatness: the quality or state of being important, notable, or distinguished.

It depends on what you're talking about. If you are talking about men or women, in light of the above meaning of great, then yes, I have witnessed greatness. Now if by great you mean taking a step back looking at someone with reverence, awe, and wonder, then I have to say no, I've never witnessed that in my lifetime.
      January 23, 2021 4:50 AM MST

Thank you for your reply ru. I have. Only in retrospect did I realize it was GREATNESS. Sometimes after a person dies I find out things I did not realize and it always saddens me that when such person was alive I did not pay attention or know. SIGH. Too soon old. Too late schmart. :(
      April 6, 2021 6:31 AM MDT

From as far back as I can remember, I was exposed to music. I love music. I love to sing to music. Music generates emotions in me like nothing else. I listen to a song and I think, yes, now that was a great song! When I hear it I may cheer, cry, or both.

Though I have heard great music in my life, it wasn't until the last few years that I have really heard this music as it was intended to be heard. Not with just the mind but with the heart.

My favorite music to listen to is the old church hymns written in the sixteen hundreds to the early nineteen hundreds. And, believe it or not, I love classical music. It's hard for me to put into words just how great and just how epic this music is to me. Sorry about rambling on so but music moves me. :)

April 6, 2021 10:18 AM MDT