Active Now

DannyPetti
Shuhak
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What matters more to you? What you can see or what you can't? The physical 3-dimensional or the abstract invisible? WHY?

What matters more to you? What you can see or what you can't? The physical 3-dimensional or the abstract invisible? WHY?

Posted - January 23, 2021

Responses

I was designed to exist in a 3D world so then concrete 3D thinking is the prime necessity to help enable my survival.
    Abstract thinking is a necessity for problem solving and creating ideas. If it was not for the capability of abstract thought we might still be at the stage of bows arrows and horse and buggy.
      January 23, 2021 10:29 AM MST

You do know that many who are inadequate do not grasp ABSTRACT at all. They live in a world of instant oatmeal...so to speak. Easy answers. Group thinking. Fast food. Junk in and junk out. ABstract thinking is beyond their ken and so to them there is no such thing. And so it goes. Thank you for your reply Kg. Another question arises from this. Stay tuned! :)
      January 23, 2021 10:36 AM MST

I see physical reality and abstract ideas as complementary.

Sometimes they overlap too, the physicality being the messenger so to speak. Some music and natural sounds is one simple example, because the physical sounds and our hearing are all concrete mechanisms, but the effects are on our imaginations and emotions.
      January 23, 2021 4:38 PM MST

I took a class once upon a time called "Music Appreciation" which I regretted. Why? Because it ANALYZED music by its components. It DISSECTED it. For me it was like cutting a drum to see where the sound comes from totally destroying it. That was DISASTROUS for me. Some adore knowing the mechanics of things. how it is structured. What this means and that means. Not me. I want to be ignore of how it was built. I just want to enjoy looking at as it uninterruped by anything getting in the way...like knowledge. Just for me of course. I only ever speak for me. Thank you for your reply Durdle! :)
      March 19, 2021 7:13 AM MDT