Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Cats have nine lives allegedly purportedly presumably. How many lives do lies have? Eternal everlasting forever?

Cats have nine lives allegedly purportedly presumably. How many lives do lies have? Eternal everlasting forever?

Posted - January 26, 2021

Responses

Cats do not have 9 lives.  This myth came about because cats are self-righting.  A (normal) cat has the ability to right itself as it falls, so that it lands on its feet - even from great heights.  This made people assumed they had more than 1 life.

Lies, on the other hand, live as long as there's someone to believe it.  Even if they finally die, they are easily resurrected.
      January 26, 2021 10:38 AM MST

Despite your opening 6 words. I believe they do. I shall always believe they do. It is my right to believe what I believe. Setting that aside for now (we may have at  it more futurely) Lies told requires belief in them? The LIAR can know not to believe. The listeners can KNOW not to believe. That means nothing. What is told as a lie is still a lie whether anyone believes it or not.  There are many lies that are told that are disbelieved. THEY ARE STILL LIES. OK. I move on from this dead horse. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      January 26, 2021 1:16 PM MST