Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "A squeaky wheel gets oiled first." Is that the secret of success? SQUEAK?

"A squeaky wheel gets oiled first." Is that the secret of success? SQUEAK?

Posted - January 28, 2021

Responses

Pretty much.  There's an old saying, the baby that doesn't cry doesn't get fed.  So, if you want something, you better speak up.
      January 28, 2021 9:09 AM MST

The thing is it's only the VERY NEEDY that squeak 24/7. The weak squeak and expect others to come to their aid and make it happen for them. And so it goes. What would a FOOTOO be without his obscenely wealthy dadddy dearest who kept bailing his a** out of every problem? This is the result. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      January 28, 2021 11:50 AM MST

He might have been a normal human being with actual emotions and feelings for others.
      January 28, 2021 12:34 PM MST

At least the wheel is not demanding. It is simply warning that it needs attention so can still give you the service you expect from it....  
      January 28, 2021 4:33 PM MST

In fact it depends upon the wheel in question. The one known as FOOTOO squeaked long and hard and got oiled but kept squeaking even louder and louder and the type of oil morphed into something else entirely which caused riots and deaths. What would have happened had that particular squeaky wheel been completely ignored? A tantalizing what if isn't it? Thank you for your reply Durdle.! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 29, 2021 1:56 AM MST
      January 29, 2021 1:55 AM MST

Furniture  castors I can deal with, but I'm in the fortunate position of not having to maintain Footoos. (Sounds like a trendy make of shoe!)

Completely ignored... when? 2016?
      January 29, 2021 2:24 PM MST

Former
    Occupant
    Of
    The
    Oval
    Office

Lucky you. May you always be so blessed m'dear. FOOTOO and the FOOLS. Would you pay to see that group entertain? Sadly millions of people would. Go figger! Thank you for your reply Durdle! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 30, 2021 3:38 PM MST
      January 30, 2021 2:46 AM MST

Footoo & The Fools... I hate to think what music they'd play.
      January 30, 2021 3:40 PM MST

Touche! Good One! Are you familiar with atonal music? I think John Cage composes it and honestly hearing it jars my nerves and eardrums. It is the antithesis of pleasant. What people get from it besides a terrible headache I cannot imagine. So I expect it would be atonal for starters and build from there. Also you know how the musicians bounce around on stage? These would not move. They would be RIGID IMMUTABLE FIXED. I think it possible that FOOTOO and the FOOLS would get huge crowds wherever they went. Rallygoers would fill the stadiums. They love the sounds of lies so we know there is something badly bigly wrong with what they hear. Thank you for your reply Durdle! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 31, 2021 2:04 AM MST
      January 31, 2021 2:02 AM MST