Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Whaddaya do with LEFTOVERS?

Whaddaya do with LEFTOVERS?

I convert mine to soup and add whatever veggies I have.

Yesterday we had tacos, beans and rice. Today we are going to have TACO SOUP. Combine the leftovers, add beef broth and add some veggies. Adjust the seasonings and VOILA!

When we have leftover chicken and noddles or mashed potatoes and veggies guess what happens to them? Just add chicken broth, whatever veggies you have on hand to the leftovers and adjust the seasonings.

Leftover salmon or other fish? FISH CHOWDER of course. What else? Are you a fan of soup? From the Campbell's or Progresso soup can can or from whatever you have on hand?

Posted - January 30, 2021

Responses

We usually eat them all as they were initially cooked. I just finished the last slice of pizza.
      January 30, 2021 11:41 AM MST

Oh. Does your wife know how to cook for two? I don't. Slow I guess. So I always have enough for a few days and we get tired of it. What I can't convert into soup I'll freeze. At some later date it's easy to just defrost, heat and eat. Pizza is always eaten. Totally demolished by the second day. No freezing needed. I wonder how PIzza Soup would taste though? Thank you for your reply E! :)
      January 30, 2021 11:50 AM MST

We can cook for two, but we still usually have leftovers. We usually cook extra for her daughter. Anything in large quantities we freeze.
      January 30, 2021 11:53 AM MST

Makes sense. The freezer is my pal and so too is our microwave. Many a quick meal I put on the table in half an hour. My mom could only do that if she made PBJ or bologna sandwiches! PROGRESS ROCKS!  Thank you for your reply E! :)
      January 30, 2021 11:56 AM MST