Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » At what game did you play your very best ever? Something athletic? Something intellectual? Golf Tennis Poker Scrabble Chess?

At what game did you play your very best ever? Something athletic? Something intellectual? Golf Tennis Poker Scrabble Chess?

Posted - February 1, 2021

Responses

Poker. 
      February 1, 2021 6:09 AM MST

Ever get a natural ROYAL FLUSH? I did one time. I still don't believe it. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Monday February 1, 2021 to thee and thine! :)
      February 1, 2021 6:28 AM MST

No not a natural. 
      February 1, 2021 7:11 AM MST

I can't play cards at all, except fish, and gin rummy, and black jack and war. I am not a cards or number person. Meh. I need literature.
    Sit in library and grab ten random books and read a couple of paragraphs from each one. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 1, 2021 12:54 PM MST
      February 1, 2021 7:14 AM MST

I learned how to play poker at a very tender age by watching my dad and uncles play. After a holiday meal or some other get-together the women went into the kitchen and I went into the back room and sat by my dad and watched. I never said a word. Just watched and listened and saw my dad's hand and how he played it. One of my most fond childhood memories. The women talked about clothes and kids and husbands. All very boring to me. Thank you for your reply CW.  Still is as a matter of fact but I don't hang out with gals. I just hang out with my Jim! :)
      February 1, 2021 7:41 AM MST

Chess and scrabble are my zenith.
      February 1, 2021 6:14 AM MST

I play "scrabble" daily. It's on my computer offline and it's called BESPELLED. That's how I start off my day to rid myself of the cobwebs that may have formed figuratively in my brain. Then I check email then I visit Answermug then I check out news or look things up. As for Chess I've played it and enjoyed it but I've never won a game. My ability to visualize moves in advance is nil and of course that is essential to being good enough to ever beat anyone. Thank you for your reply CW and Happy Monday Febrary 1, 2021 to thee and thine! :)
      February 1, 2021 6:27 AM MST

I grew up always playing Spill and Spell. During dinner with the family, we used to play GHOST. I'll start. F. These games put me in a nice purple cloud tunnel vision trance. I see purple clouds in chess.
    Since I had two older brothers who play chess, and drank and smoke Tiparillos too, I played in that state of mind very early on. IDK! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 1, 2021 12:55 PM MST
      February 1, 2021 6:47 AM MST

I always wanted an older brother. I got a younger sister. So as the oldest eldest I didn't have an older sibling to teach me anything. Lucky you. Thank you for your informative reply CW! :)
      February 1, 2021 6:58 AM MST

But, you are can always make your friends your brother. It's not all luck now because you got to have some skill too. Look for a societal older brother then Rosie. Be brave very and call a childhood cousin.
      February 1, 2021 5:56 PM MST

I have been very lucky in my life in that regard CW. Very lucky. Along the way I have in fact found more than one male who watched out for me. I'm more likely to have close male pals than female. My dad was my very first best friend. In high school and junior college my "brother" was my friend Jerry. In my work life I've had really good luck too. Long ago I was told "You think like a man". I took that as a compliment and still do. I think it's because the things most females adore talking about I don't. Anyway some of us are really lucky in life and some of us aren't. I also don't know why that is. Thank you for your reply. Last I heard from my Sister our counsin Jim has become senile. I don't know if he is being cared for at home or is in a facility. We had some really good times when I was younger. I'd go with him when I was a teenager to church dances and he always kept on eye on me to make sure I was having a good time. Are you lucky too? I'm going to ask. This post was edited by RosieG at February 2, 2021 1:51 AM MST
      February 2, 2021 1:50 AM MST

These games take a lot of time to develop and becomes sort of a lifestyle.. My chess playing buddy said: Oh no. Women have some something like menopause with mood swings which inhibits them from aggressive focus something or like that. That's why the vast majority of chess players are guys. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 1, 2021 12:56 PM MST
      February 1, 2021 7:11 AM MST

Have you ever tried 4 player chess?  It is quite fun and adds a whole other layer to the game. Can play with 2 people as well you each get 2 set of pieces.  
      February 1, 2021 7:16 AM MST

I have. I intend to try it again sometime, but, it seems less personable that a one on one tet'e a tet'e. Now, how the heck do you spell that?
      February 1, 2021 7:19 AM MST

Then you would prefer the 2 player with 2 sets of pieces. 
      February 1, 2021 7:20 AM MST

Oh yes. Queen own color. White right. Get knights out early. Never advance Queen opening move. Double pawns always crippling. Center domination middle four squares. Pawn advancement very important first. Solitary pawns no good. 
    Bishops and pawns a little wall. Never flank your knight. Castle early. Most important of all: Never Trade When You Are Down! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 1, 2021 1:25 PM MST
      February 1, 2021 10:50 AM MST

Scrabble.
      February 1, 2021 7:43 AM MST

Chess and Canasta 
      February 1, 2021 11:54 AM MST

I was a pretty good baseball/softball player when I was younger. I was into Scrabble, too...but haven't played it for years. The dvd I had was for XP and doesn't work with 10.
      February 1, 2021 1:19 PM MST