Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can tastebuds be trained/educated to prefer excellence or are they what they are at birth and that's all they will ever be?

Can tastebuds be trained/educated to prefer excellence or are they what they are at birth and that's all they will ever be?

Posted - February 2, 2021

Responses

Taste-buds are only cells specific to certain stimuli and I expect we all differ slightly in the sensitivities of ours; but I think the taste and our reactions to it are something in the brain.

I don't know if the taste-buds themselves can change slightly over time, or lose sensitivity, but our aesthetic tastes certainly can.
      February 4, 2021 11:00 AM MST

The first time I tasted avocado it tasted tasteless. Later I tried it again and could taste it. Delicate flavor to be sure but there. Some things I liked at first taste. Others I didn't but tried again later on in my life and I developed a fondness for them. I still don't like slimy anything so texture matters to me. I like okra but it can get very sllimy when cooked and that I can't take. Is the texture of foods important to you too Durdle? I think I'll ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 7, 2021 2:27 AM MST