Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Condolences to east coasters. Punxsatawney Phil saw his shadow so that means six more weeks of winter. Vis a vis California?

Condolences to east coasters. Punxsatawney Phil saw his shadow so that means six more weeks of winter. Vis a vis California?

Our winters are never really bad. Some are better than others. Remember we used to have THE ROSE PARADE in winter and sometimes people stuck at home in freezing weather would look at those who were coatless and hatless and decided right then to move to California.

That's why we have so many people. Lots of them are moving away. I don't know how many I'd like to see leave but I'm all for the leaving of those who are soured on living here. All for it.

Posted - February 2, 2021

Responses

If only.  The water situation in this state is bleak at best  We NEED more winter.  (BTW - I do not believe that a groundhog can predict weather.  Especially when that "prediction" only occurs on a certain date.)

People moving away because they can no longer afford to live here.  Between high taxes, low wages and lack of affordable housing, they can't afford to stay here to stay here.  And COVID didn't help the situation.  Problem is, only the rich and middle class can afford to move out.   The poor are stuck.  As the rich get richer, the poor get poorer.  The result is more homeless people (and the problems that brings), and more people who have to rely on welfare (which means higher taxes),   
      February 2, 2021 11:10 AM MST

I say go away. Leave the state. We have too many folks here anyway. I'd rather have folks leave and go to somewhere they can be happy than to stay and BADMOUTH it. I know it ain't perfect. But at 83 I lived here all but 8 years of my life Shuhak. We moved here when I was 3 from Highland Park, Michigan a Detroit suburb. My ex husband and I moved to Massachusetts December 31, 1965 and came back January 1970. That's it. My whole life is here. Most all of my memories are here. While many of the people are gone the places we spent time together are still here. We have whatever weather ot scenery you want. Oceans, mountains, deserts, lakes, rivers. We have incredibly beautiful things in this state though I am certain every state can say the same thing. I know in Massachusetts there are incredibly beautiful things to see especially during fall foliage times when the leaves were turning. Incredibly beautiful. I don't remember much about Highland Park..too young. It gets too hot in Arizona where our daughter-in-law (the wife of our son who passed away) lives and too cold in Northern Nevada where our son Gary lives with his wife and where my sister and brother-in-live. I'm not a fan of snow unless I travel to see it for a day and then come back home to dry ground. I'm proud to be a Californian because it's where my dad and mom decided to move so long ago. I just can't see me leaving it although maybe at some point futurely we will have to do so. But for now we are doing swell on our own. Sorry I went on too long. Old people do that you know! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      February 7, 2021 12:50 PM MST