Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If you could instantaneously acquire two skills which at present you do not have AT ALL, what would they be?

If you could instantaneously acquire two skills which at present you do not have AT ALL, what would they be?

Posted - October 20, 2016

Responses

• To be able to drive and to be bilingual. 
      October 20, 2016 6:22 AM MDT

• I don't know how old you are, Karen, but both your desired skills can be usually be readily acquired by proper training. What's holding you back? My mother learnt to drive at 42, and she was an excellent driver for a few decades thereafter.
      October 20, 2016 6:29 AM MDT

• I am 55. I tried for years to learn how, but it just never took. When other cars are on the road, I panic and freeze up. That is something i never was able to conquer. I don't have an ear for languages. I can speak some Spanish, but not enough to carry on a conversation.
      October 20, 2016 7:18 AM MDT

• I know.
    Once fear sets in, it becomes very difficult to root out. I know of a woman in the family who has such a fear of the computer that she refuses even to switch it off in the proper way, and instead switches it off at the wall plug itself. 
      October 20, 2016 7:33 AM MDT

• I tried for years to get past that, but I just couldn't.
      October 20, 2016 8:00 AM MDT

• The best thing, then, is to accept it as something beyond you; as I have accepted that gymnastics and drawing are beyond me.
      October 20, 2016 8:07 AM MDT

• I have.  I usually take the bus when I  need to get somewhere.  Sometimes I  take Lyft,  they are the same as Uber, butI like them better. 
      October 20, 2016 8:30 AM MDT

• Computer programming and all math.
      October 20, 2016 6:29 AM MDT

• invisibility and flying.
      October 20, 2016 7:25 AM MDT

Typing with all of my fingers instead of two.
    Ability to speak, read and write ALL languages.
      October 20, 2016 7:59 AM MDT

probably the skill of finding jobs and making friends
      October 22, 2016 9:43 PM MDT