Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What would it take for an outsider to break an internet social site? What would the motive be? Jealousy?

What would it take for an outsider to break an internet social site? What would the motive be? Jealousy?

Posted - February 3, 2021

Responses

Not sure of motive but they'd be a person or organisation with considerable technical skill, able to break into the software and disable that without disabling anything else.

An ordinary user can't do it from the site's normal functions. All he or she can do is close the account, though some sites make it very hard to do that.
      February 4, 2021 10:35 AM MST

I don't know if you were affected by our recent Answermug difficulties Durdle. Some folks apparently weren't affected at all while others of us were in different ways. It is now resolved and was due to "bad" coding. Way beyond my understanding because it's all Greek to me. Thank you for your reply. How do hackers hack into and disable anything they want to though? This post was edited by RosieG at February 7, 2021 2:43 AM MST
      February 7, 2021 2:42 AM MST