Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I don't know if this question would apply to guys. Here t'is. What is the most beautiful piece of jewelry you've ever seen?

I don't know if this question would apply to guys. Here t'is. What is the most beautiful piece of jewelry you've ever seen?

Long ago and far away it was in a Tiffany's store at South Coast Plaza mall. We were just LOOKING. I saw a wedding band very slender made of pave diamonds. I tried it on and WHOA. At the time (maybe 20 years ago) the cost was $6000. I expect it would be more than that today if they still make them.

Funny how you remember things like that. Also the most BEAUTIFUL item of clothing I ever saw? My first visit to a Nieman-Marcus store with my son and then daughter-in-law. We were in Honolulu visiting them. A bejeweled jacket. I love sparkle and it knocked my socks off. They wanted me to try it on and I did and guess what? I looked RAVISHING in it. SMASHING. Who wouldn't? It wasn't me it was THE JACKET. It cost thousands of dollars and even if I could have afforded I'd have no place to wear it. I think it would be out of place at Walmart.

I still see me in my mind's eye looking into the mirror with that jacket on me. I don't know who designed it but I bet it was a famous designer.

Posted - February 3, 2021

Responses

A beautiful filigree necklace made from black hills gold. I can't find an image of it anywhere. My wife got it at a garage sale for twenty five dollars. It is worth hundreds. Pat doesn't like it and wanted me to sell it for the gold. NO WAY.
      February 3, 2021 7:47 AM MST

Filigree? Oh my gosh I love filigree. It's like lace. How about your daughter? Does she like it? If you should find an image or an approximation wouldja share it with us E? Years ago my mom gave me a necklace with a pendant on it. Hexagonal in shape. It was silver filigree and in the center was a pale green stone. I don't think it was very valuable but it was very beautiful. Sadly I have no idea what happened to it. NONE. SIGH. Thank you for your reply. She bought it but then didn't like it? Did she buy because she could see the value and intended to sell it? This post was edited by RosieG at February 7, 2021 12:21 PM MST
      February 7, 2021 12:20 PM MST