Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you happy when you see others chatting amongst themselves discussing your question? Do you need to be involved to enjoy it?

Are you happy when you see others chatting amongst themselves discussing your question? Do you need to be involved to enjoy it?

Posted - February 3, 2021

Responses

It's fine when they do that, but often threads appear that have nothing to do with my question. I ignore those.
      February 3, 2021 8:33 AM MST

Early on I used to get upset with fols who hijacked my question to talk about what THEY wanted to talk about. I thought it was very rude. Then I relaxed and figgered so what? I just ignored them and I have no idea what happened afterwards. I think it's perfectly reasonable for a thread to move in another direction ONLY IF it starts off being responsive to the question. I mean that happens in real life all the time. That I don't mind at all. Oh and the WHADDABOUT? Drives me NUTS! They never answer the question you ask. They give you a WHADDOUT political partisan version. AARRGGHH! Them I ignore too. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 7, 2021 11:52 AM MST

I'm happy when they enjoy my replies.  No involvement necessary.
      February 3, 2021 12:20 PM MST

What I meant to say is often I ask questions and one person will reply to me but others reply to the question answerer and they are off and running! I really like that a lot. I don't need to be involved at all other than providing a topic. It makes me feel extra good for some reason! Some threads can get very long and I read them and enjoy the reading as an observer not a participant! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      February 7, 2021 7:53 AM MST