Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Were you very quiet in school in class or were you the one always raising your hand asking questions?

Were you very quiet in school in class or were you the one always raising your hand asking questions?

Posted - February 3, 2021

Responses

I was that quiet kid that sat in back of the class. 
      February 3, 2021 8:10 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Echooos. I was painfully shy in grammar school and high school but in junior college I finally started raising my hand. I ask questions all the time now without raising my hand. Pushy gal that's me! :)
      February 6, 2021 7:26 PM MST

I didn't ask very many. I was a quick learner and self teacher. I remember my chemistry teacher letting me zip through the book in one semester...it was too easy and they had no honors learning programs.  I also spent a lot of time goofing off and making mischief.
      February 3, 2021 8:30 AM MST

In my day they skipped you. I skipped two grades in grammar school making me younger than the other students and also making me an outsider. I still am I guess. But I have always learned better getting feedback in a class environment than on my own all alone. I've loosened up a lot since I was a kid. I figger what do I have to lose? Thank you for your reply E (did you see my questions about EINSTEINISM?)
      February 6, 2021 7:29 PM MST

I skipped no grades...there was not such a thing here then My son did, though. I didn't get your question as we did not have access to you corner.
      February 6, 2021 7:34 PM MST

I had no desire to bring attention to myself in class. :)
      February 3, 2021 10:09 AM MST

I wanted to be invisible and I was so shy in grammar school. Kinda shy in high school too but I opened up in junior college. It was as I recall in a Philosophy Class. It was my favorite I think. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Saturday! :)
      February 6, 2021 7:31 PM MST

I was that very quiet kid who sat on the edge of the back middle.  The front was for the brainiacs who liked to be called on by the teacher (extroverts?), while the far back was for those who wanted to goof off (talking, shooting spit wads, and drawing pictures of hot rods, rock band names, and naked girls) without being seen.  The middle was for the "ordinary" students.  By positioning myself in the back of the middle, I could happily write my stories without much bother from a teacher (they were too busy with the students in the front and the far back).  I sat on the edge so I could get out fast.  The only time this changed was if we had to sit alphabetically.  Unfortunately, this put me up front.  
      February 3, 2021 12:14 PM MST

I remember a few of us enjoying a cigarette at the back of the classroom where there was an open window. The teacher was an idiot.
      February 3, 2021 1:05 PM MST

You smoked IN CLASS? WHOA! In my high school the "fast" kids smoke behind the Boy's Gym at lunchtime. Guys and a few gals. They were the "bad" kids in those days! Imagine that?
      February 6, 2021 7:35 PM MST

In grammar school I wanted to be invisible. I was a bit better in high school and when I took a radio arts class the teacher asked if I switch to her drama class. I never knew why but I did as she asked and was in some plays and I think maybe that's what helped me open up. I wasn't very shy in junior college and well here? Not shy at all. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Saturday. I was out of commission on the mug. I could ask questions but I couldn't reply or check messages or access the friends requests. February 2 everything went haywire for me. Just Asking worked on it with someone and here I am. Back I hope! :)
      February 6, 2021 7:34 PM MST

Hey
      February 5, 2021 4:37 PM MST

Hey backatcha Echooos! Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      February 6, 2021 7:24 PM MST

I've been low-key all of my life, but those damn teachers just wouldn't leave me alone.
      February 6, 2021 7:35 PM MST

You were probably a very good student Zack and they knew they could depend on you to pay attention and maybe even relied on you. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      February 6, 2021 7:43 PM MST

I never asked questions.  But I listened to others questions.   Which worked for me as long as the teachers directly answered the question. If they tried to walk the student through the process to get to the answer themselves...I lost interest. 
    Luckily I was very good at listening to the lectures and remembering from them as well.
      February 6, 2021 7:49 PM MST