Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Kenyan woman finds a way to recycle plastic waste into bricks that are stronger than concrete". So futurely all homes will be PLASTIC?

"Kenyan woman finds a way to recycle plastic waste into bricks that are stronger than concrete". So futurely all homes will be PLASTIC?

Posted - February 5, 2021

Responses

Probably not....Dems are in and would regulate the process to death. 

Plastic is flammable. Are her bricks flam retardant? 
      February 5, 2021 5:45 AM MST

They also make interlocking blocks made of recycled plastic.  This is from 2011.  

https://www.polymersolutions.com/blog/bricks-from-recycled-plastic/
      February 5, 2021 5:56 AM MST

The downside is that weathering, demolition etc. causes plastic to break down into tiny particles of microplastic that eventually finds its way into the oceans. In some parts there is already more plastic than plankton.
    I get more excited by reports that bacteria are being bio-engineered to EAT plastic, and that exclusively.
      February 5, 2021 3:14 PM MST

SAY WHAT? You can bio-engineer bacteria to EAT PLASTIC? If that don't beat all! So their bodies or whatever it is can be trained to SURVIVE eating plastic? Oh boy that is huge! So they put bacteria in the ocean or scoop out the plastic and feed it to them in labs? I'm very impressionable I guess because now I'm "seeing" bazillions of little critters chomping happily. But you are in favor of  recycling plastic right? Just not building homes out of it? Thank you for your reply R. I guess a body can adapt to anything eventually. This post was edited by RosieG at February 7, 2021 1:30 AM MST
      February 7, 2021 1:30 AM MST