Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You know you are supposed to avoid using painkillers when you get the virus vaccine don't you?

You know you are supposed to avoid using painkillers when you get the virus vaccine don't you?

Taking them may interfere with the purpose of getting a vaccine in the first place....to generate strong immune response by creating antibodies.

Now if you are on painkillers all the time check with your doctor to see if it is safe.

You take the vaccine then take a painkiller and wipe out the purpose of the vaccine.

Not too smart.

Posted - February 6, 2021

Responses

Which kind of painkillers? I will have to find out the details before I get my shot. I been ingesting kratom, a mild opiate available without prescription for about 5 years now. I am addicted, if I stop taking it for a day I will sweat and twitch and unable to sleep.
      February 6, 2021 8:45 AM MST

I don't know Kg. But a doctor should know or whomever adminsters the vaccines. I've not heard of kratom. My sister took opiods for years for a bad back and weaned herself off of them over a period of months. cutting back very slowly. She now only uses over-the-counter meds to help. Is a bad back for you too? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      February 6, 2021 7:19 PM MST

I googled 'avoid painkillers before covid'19 vaccine' there are various sites giving detailed advice about which painkillers to avoid the day before vaccine. Generally specify avoid over the counter meds - Tylenol, advil, uboprophen, Aspirin, etc. Sorry, I cannot make a link with my smartphone.

I took kratom to give relief from muscle cramping during the nighttime.
      February 6, 2021 8:00 PM MST

Jim gets leg cramps out of the blue from time to time. He bought some topical spray that he uses which help and also I always have bananas on hand and tomato juice. They help too. Thank you for the info m'dear. Jim has a bad back and so from time to time he will take Tylenol. We haven't gotten our vaccines yet but your research provides us with what NOT to do painkiller wise. I wonder how long that is for?. I mean say a month or two after you get the vaccine is it safe to take? Of course our doctor would be the one to ask about it but at least we have a heads up! Happy Sunday to thee and thine Kg! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 9, 2021 3:54 PM MST
      February 7, 2021 1:18 AM MST

Strange. I have always been told to take Tylenol before and after a vaccine to prevent discomfort. 
      February 6, 2021 6:31 PM MST

You can read what Kittigate wrote. DON'T!
      February 7, 2021 1:20 AM MST

I seen that....I am just saying what I have always been told. I have 3 children and was always told when I made their appointments for their vaccinations to give them a dose of Tylenol about an hour before the appointment time. To help the babies feel more comfortable. Then afterwards to continue on schedule and I could use ibuprofen if needed. 
    So this advise is strange to me. 

I do not plan to take the Covid vaccine. 
      February 9, 2021 4:19 PM MST

The painkillers weaken the vaccine effectiveness.

A quick search reveals that it is ok to take painkillers after the jab. This post was edited by Kittigate at February 9, 2021 5:04 PM MST
      February 9, 2021 4:42 PM MST

I know that is what they are saying about the Covid vaccine. It just does not add up with what I was told for the last 20+ yrs.
      February 9, 2021 5:06 PM MST

That is science, learning is ongoing and progressive. Ya gotta try and keep up to date with changes.
      February 9, 2021 6:50 PM MST

I do but I'm hoping for the one-shot Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Beggars can't be choosers. I wonder how many FOOTOO fans will refuse to take it just like you? Your kids won't be allowed to take it either right? So none of you will be protected which means all of you can be asymptomatic but pass it along to others. With that being the way it is the virus is here to stay. No way to get rid of it. Welcome to the world of forced reality. It's dangerous out there. And getting more so. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Wednesday to thee. I hope your children survive your decision. This post was edited by RosieG at February 10, 2021 1:32 AM MST
      February 10, 2021 1:31 AM MST