Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I am uncomplicated. Simple. I understand that and I'm good at it. My problem? Life has gotten very complicated.. I don't fit in. Do YOU?

I am uncomplicated. Simple. I understand that and I'm good at it. My problem? Life has gotten very complicated.. I don't fit in. Do YOU?

Posted - February 7, 2021

Responses

I fit in to a certain extent, but I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technology.  I still don't have a Smartphone or a flat screen TV.  I haven't figured out how to get my laptop hooked up to wi-fi nor have I been able to set my relatively new landline phone so I have the right date and time or called ID.  In that respect, the world is passing me by.
      February 7, 2021 1:02 PM MST

Jim has a Smartphone which I won't touch. He got us a flat screen TV several years ago..SMART TV and his friend Alan came over to install it. And then Jim had to program the remote so it could talk to the TV! I mean how exasperating is that? Long ago you bring a TV home, plug it in, adjust the rabbit ears and enjoy. You get up to change the channel. Good exercise. You could bring home a phone and plug it in. Not any more. Everything requires that you do something first. AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply L. I just wonder why we can't have access to simple at the same time? You know run two paths...one for runners and one for folks who moseyed along? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 7, 2021 1:18 PM MST

All good reasons why I don't have a Smartphone or a flat screen TV.  Everyone I know who has flat screens and cable has to use two remotes - one turns it on, one changes channels, one works the volume, one changes channels -too complicated.  
      February 7, 2021 9:31 PM MST

You nailed it L! His and her remotes. I do love the large screen. It's 55 inches. It's very clear and it's better than "being there" because you can get up and get a snack or whatever. But it's annoying at times as well. Two edged sword. Yin and Yang. Oy vey! Thank you for your reply. I thought ours was "special" but I see that it isn't. I expect they don't see it as a nuisance. No problemo. If you don't see something as problem then there is nothing that needs to be fixed? 
      February 8, 2021 1:54 AM MST

Sometimes, "new" is not always "improved."
      February 8, 2021 8:09 AM MST

Remember "new" coke? Just because something is "new and improved" doesn't mean it is BETTER THAN what it replaces. But how do companies make money? By making folks feels they are being left behind if they stick with what they have. I never react favorably to that crap. I think lotsa folks do. Mores the pity! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 8, 2021 10:00 AM MST

I'm not a soda drinker other than tonic if I'm drinking gin.  Personally, if I liked something the way it was when I first tried it, I'm going to continue to like it, so they don't have to "improve" it.  
      February 8, 2021 11:16 AM MST

WE used to drink soda. There was a gingerale no-sugar brand we used to buy all the time but then we stopped drinking that. We drink a lot of club soda. It's very refreshing when combined with a small amount of fruit juice. We call it "bubble water". Actually my son referred to it that way decades ago and it stuck. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 9, 2021 1:45 AM MST

I'm not partial to carbonated drinks.  I usually just drink water and if not that, I'll have iced tea.
      February 9, 2021 8:31 AM MST

That's probably healthier. I've alway enjoyed carbonation and I adore club soda. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 11, 2021 4:07 AM MST