Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Our reaction time slows down as we age. What else slows down? Developing entibodies from vaccines perhaps?

Our reaction time slows down as we age. What else slows down? Developing entibodies from vaccines perhaps?

The younger you are the faster you develop the antibodies from the virus vaccine? Anyone?

Posted - February 7, 2021

Responses

I am an oddball. My reaction time is still quite fast. Others find it odd. So far, my immune system is still working overtime. December 2019, I got a mild virus (not COVID) and was good the next day. Pat was out for two days.
      February 7, 2021 9:16 AM MST

You know you are blessed? I don't mean religiosity at all. The luck of the draw! I wonder what it is exactly that governs that? I know. DNA right? At birth is how we are going to age already a done deal? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply E! :)
      February 7, 2021 10:32 AM MST

My reaction time is still pretty good and I can tell this by how I've avoided accidents while driving even when other drivers are crazy on the roads.  I think part of one's good health is genetic.  Lifestyle plays a part, too.  I can't recall the last time I had a cold or sore throat.  I did catch something back in 2015 that had me in its grip for more than a year.  I had every test imaginable and there was never a diagnosis.  The way it arrived, it left and I've been fine ever since.  
      February 7, 2021 12:59 PM MST

That m'dear is VERY SCARY. When you are suffering from something and the medical professionals can't put a name to it. You were tested up the ying yang and all tests came back NORMAL but for a year you struggled with it? It came it stayed it left and never left a calling card? Glad you're fine now. I had a weirdness too years ago. I thought I had developed asthma. Went to the doc and was prescribed an inhaler and I never got the hang of it. I suffered for about 3-6 months. I had to sleep on a chair at night.  Then just as suddenly it disappeared! I have no idea what it was or why it hit or why it left. Ah sweet mystery of life! Thank you for your reply L. Here we are. Still going strong! HURRAY! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 8, 2021 10:37 AM MST
      February 8, 2021 2:38 AM MST

It was scary.  At least when you can put a name to it, you can try and treat it,  Oddly, the symptoms I had were the same ones that are showing up with Covid - chills where I couldn't warm up no matter what I did, fevers that went from 99 to 104 in hours, dizziness, fatigue, lack of appetite - the whole nine yards.  I was even tested for lymphoma.  I was about to make an appointment with a rheumatologist when all the symptoms disappeared.
      February 8, 2021 7:51 AM MST

That's kinda weird. I wonder if what you got in 2015 was a precursor to COVID 19? Maybe others elsewhere here and there around the world might have had similar experiences. Sounds like something I' very glad I did not have though last year early for about 5 dyas I was very sick with something. I slept sitting up in the chair with a wastebasket at hand in case I had to throw up. I used to weigh about 120 but I got down to about 110 and I just haven't put that weight back thougn I think I eat just as much as  ever did. I'm usually 111. something. Rarely 112 and once I dropped to 109.something and so I ate a lot to get back up. Once you have had cancer you have be very careful. Sudden weight loss without diet change can be an indication of something bad going on. It's so weird. When younger I weighed myself for fear of getting too fat. Now? I fear getting too slim. Weird!:)
      February 11, 2021 4:18 AM MST

It was very weird.  I lose 40 pounds, but once I was feeling better I put it all back on and now, with being indoors so much, I've added another few.  
      February 11, 2021 6:19 AM MST

You LOST 40 LBS? Lordy that must have so very scary. Wouldn't it ironic if this is as good as it will ever get/be again? That our best was behind us? I hope it isn't so but well anything is possible. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 11, 2021 8:01 AM MST

Well, it was over the course of about 18 months, so it wasn't as though i dropped it all at once.  Naturally, when I was feeling better, I felt I could eat anything I wanted to treat myself for surviving whatever I had, but it didn't take long to pack the pounds back on. :)
      February 11, 2021 8:04 AM MST

Been there done that more than once! At one point in my life I think I tried every diet there was. Once I hit my mid-30's something changed in my metabolism or tastebuds. Well for one thing sugar tasted a lot less good than it used to so a small bite of something sweet would satisfy. Even then i need a potato chip or popcorn to get that sweet taste to go away. Now I like apricot jam on peanut butter or almond butter on a rice cake. I LOVE crunch. Do you? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 11, 2021 9:29 AM MST
      February 11, 2021 8:07 AM MST

I wish I could lose that sweet tooth.  Seems as though once I quit smoking, my desire for sweet increased tenfold.  I like apricot jam with peanut butter (not so much almond butter) and I do like crunchy.
      February 11, 2021 9:31 AM MST

You know honey maybe that's it. I never smoked but years ago before we met Jim smoked all the time. Maybe that has something to do with developing an extra taste for sweets? I shall ask. You never know what's linked to what or what causes what unless you ask! I prefer the crunchy nut butters but Jim prefers the smooth. I used to get both but it didn't work out too well. So now I just get the smooth and find my crunch in other things like rice cakes! I get the chocolate, the apple cinnamon and the white cheddar! Thank you for your reply L. Here goes.
      February 11, 2021 12:10 PM MST