Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Sympathy. Empathy. Caring. Concern. Once upon a time it existed. Is it/they/them all now EXTINCT?

Sympathy. Empathy. Caring. Concern. Once upon a time it existed. Is it/they/them all now EXTINCT?

Ever mentally try to walk in someone else's shoes? Ever care enough to listen or we are always so busy thinking about what we are going to say next to hear a word?

I dunno. Do you?

Posted - February 8, 2021

Responses

When one focuses only on themselves, they can't see anything else.

Sympathy, empathy, caring, concern - all these require a person to focus on someone besides themselves.  Many times they require  sacrifice.  Too often people only focus on themselves - Woe is ME (sympathy for self), what I want (empathy for self), what I need (caring for self), what's in it for ME (concern for self).  Time is money, and if effort doesn't gain one a reward (especially monetarily), why bother?  Yes, they have a reward worth more that mere money (even psychologists tell us that), but most people don't care.  However, if it's they who have the need for sympathy, empathy, care or concern, they sure want it.
      February 8, 2021 4:00 PM MST

I expect it is just out of style Shuhak. One exception of course is the enormous sympathy empathy caring concern the FOOTOO adoring worshippers have for him. It is certainly a curiosity to me that such people exist. CULT of personality and abject loyalty to it. That's the ticket. No mention of fealty to a country or to principles. Somewhere along the line the the track got switched and is barreling full speed ahead on it. Were we asleep when it happened? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tusday! :)
      February 9, 2021 1:04 AM MST

Sympathy, empathy, caring, and concern still do exist. It just that too many people, including the media, are focusing a lot more on the negative than the positive.
      February 8, 2021 11:59 PM MST