Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » There are poems about and odes to many things. Has there ever been an ODE to a food or a poem concerning it? If not why?

There are poems about and odes to many things. Has there ever been an ODE to a food or a poem concerning it? If not why?

If so what?

I think that I shall never see
A delish knish or smoked white fish
Available to me locally

Alas alack how sad
Doesn't it make you mad?

Posted - February 10, 2021

Responses

There are dozens on youtube. You can get smoked whitefish online.
      February 10, 2021 12:35 PM MST

I don't youtube. I don't amazon. I don't ebay. I don't fb. I am a hands-on purchaser. If I order it and don't like it I have to go to the trouble of repackaging it returning it and then fighting to get my money back. If I buy it in person I just take it back to the store, say why it was awful and get my money back. Somewhere futurely there will be Jewish deli ahead for me. Till then I wait and hope and anticipate. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 11, 2021 7:35 AM MST
      February 11, 2021 2:48 AM MST

O, Mac and cheese thou art divine.

Your sumptuous golden curves

Haloed in soft gooey cheesy goodness

Waft their angelic aroma heavenward.

O, Mac and cheese, thou art … divine!

February 10, 2021 2:28 PM MST

I am a huge fan of almost any kind of "comfort" food and what is more comforting than mac and cheese? I think every box of mac and cheese ought to have that poem somewhere on the box. An anthem to the dish. I  mean "divine" and "angelic" and "heavenward"? Thank you for your rhyme most refined divine sublime Shuhak and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :).
      February 11, 2021 2:44 AM MST