Active Now

Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Isolation. Solitude. Same or different?

Isolation. Solitude. Same or different?

Posted - February 12, 2021

Responses

Different!  Oh so different!!

Even the words themselves say that they are not the same.  One brings forth images of darkness, despair and forlorn; unending.  The other of  determination relaxation; temporary.

Isolation - alone, no one around... no one.  Emptiness. Hopeless.  Dark.  Silent.  Forced
    Solitude - alone, no one around (yay!).  Able to breathe.  In control of the lighting.  Natural sounds. Chosen.

February 12, 2021 1:32 PM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Shuhak. Some folks can't handle being alone. Others seek it and require it often. I've often wondered why that is. At one level I'm very social. At another level I'm happy without a madding crowd milling about. If I had to choose it would not be the madding crowd. I dislike huge throngs mobs crowds events concerts. So I avoid them. If I see a huge gathering of folks the last thing in the world I would do is join it. All that chatter clatter constantly would probably drive me over the edge of an abyss. I'm pretty sure I told you when I was younger I wanted to be invisible. Have you ever wanted to be invisible? Happy Saturday m'dear! :)
      February 13, 2021 2:11 AM MST

Yes, there were many times when I wished I were invisible.
      February 13, 2021 10:15 AM MST

We share that. No one has ever admitted that to me before you. Wanting to be invisible. Wait long enough and anything is possible..perhaps. Maybe others have felt that but no one ever admitted it to me. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 13, 2021 11:59 AM MST
      February 13, 2021 10:22 AM MST

Wait too long and ones solitude can become isolation.
      February 13, 2021 12:00 PM MST

I would like to know that I always have access to "out there". Then I would only be in isolation temporarily until I chose to make contact. It would depend entirely upon my circumstances. Remember the Twilight Zone..."Time enough at last"? I won't synopsize it for you because you probably know. That would be a bitter forever. Taking away the one thing that would have filled him with joy until he died. How cruel is that? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      February 14, 2021 4:05 AM MST