Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Long ago on a TV show there was an episode entitled "people are the same all over". Maybe it was Twilight Zone. Do you believe that is true?

Long ago on a TV show there was an episode entitled "people are the same all over". Maybe it was Twilight Zone. Do you believe that is true?

Despite actions words deeds views that separate us are we all the same all over the world? How can all be the same and so very different?

Posted - February 14, 2021

Responses

People are the same all over.  In fact, they've been the same since the world began.  Only the names have changed.  Their bodies are of the same arrangement - a head containing a brain, atop a trunk containing the vital organs (heart, lungs, digestive system), with arms/legs dangling of the sides.  They all desire to - be known ("loved" or "wanted"), pass on their genes, and survive (food, water, shelter) until the next day.   Just another animal. 
    Note the closing natation to the episode of The Twilight Zone you cited - 

"Species of animal brought back alive. Interesting similarity in physical characteristics to human beings in head, trunk, arms, legs, feet. Very tiny undeveloped brain; comes from this primitive planet called Earth. Calls himself Samuel Conrad, and he will remain here in his cage with the running water and electricity and the central heat, as long as he lives. Samuel Conrad has found the Twilight Zone."

It's our ability to reason that makes us "different".  Each of us experiences the same things - birth, life, procatrion, good times, bad times, and eventually death), yet each from a unique perspective.  It's how we react to these circumstances based on unique perspective of them, that makes us "different".  Not just another animal going off instinct alone.
      February 14, 2021 12:59 PM MST

For me personally the difference between the FOOTOO adoring worshippers and the nons is like night and day. Devil and GOD. There is nothing remotely similar about them except in the hardware. The software is at polar opposites. Why there are DEVIL adoring worshippers in this world I do not know and cannot say but they number in the millions. Shocking and saddening and well yes frightening. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I appreciate that info from the episode I cited. You generally can fill in the detail from my sketches which is exceedingly helpful! :)
      February 15, 2021 2:02 AM MST

I believe that we are all the same when it comes to basic human needs.  We all want food, clothing and shelter, we all want to be respected and treated well.  Beyond that, there are those who want more of each of those things and they are willing to strive for them by hard work.  Then, there are those who want more of all those things and become criminals who take it from others.  I still believe in the basic decency of mankind.  It's the rotten ones who come to out attention when most people are neve noticed because that is what we expect mankind to be.
      February 14, 2021 3:45 PM MST

The rotten ones seem drawn to controlling others. The rotten ones seem drawn to government jobs. Making laws to harm not help. I wonder why that is? Thank you for your reply L. I used to think people were basically good. But 74 million who voted for FOOTOO are what? Misguided? Evil? Gullible? I don't know what they are but they are not my cuppa tea in any way at any level. :)
      February 15, 2021 1:28 AM MST

There are all kinds of reasons why some people don't want others to succeed.  I replied in the newspaper to some folks who were complaining about Biden's desire to either forgive some or all of student loans.  Their positions were, I struggled to pay for my kid, why should I let someone else off the hook?  There is some merit to that argument, but the long game is that someone who spends 30 years paying off their 4-year college loan is not likely to be able to get a higher degree.  The higher the degree, the more they earn.  The more they earn, the more they contribute to the economy, the more likely they are to raise kids who get higher degrees.  The cost of college is ridiculous, even when it's a state college.  I think you would agree that the fastest way out of poverty is a good education and a good job.
      February 15, 2021 11:17 AM MST

I do but don't forget LUCK. Some of us have been VERY LUCKY. It seems to be human nature to begrudge others from getting a helping hand if you didn't. Even if you did they begrudge it. But often they are the ones raping the country in every way possible. They see no dichotomy there or hypocrisy. They are stupid dumbs of course and sadly there are many of them and they are growing stronger. Why that should be in this country I cannot say or perhaps dare not think. How far it will go into the sewer I don't know. We have a respite at the moment but on the outskirts and sidelines and dark corners and swamps the UGLIES are mobilizing for the next onslaught. Ho hum. Oh well. Thank you for your thoughtful reply L. I don't begrudge honest truthful hardworking people anything. I begrudge the evildoers, the powerhungry, the selfish everything. I want them GONE!
      February 16, 2021 4:23 AM MST

This is a copy of a letter I sent to the op ed in the Daily News, which they published:

"For those voicers who are upset about the possibility that student loans might be forgiven:  I understand that you feel this is unfair considering your claim that you sacrificed to pay for your child's education.  Did you sacrifice food, clothing, shelter or health care?  Surely you must realize that, even when parents do their best to pay for their children's higher education, their paycheck(s) don't always cover everything.  Yes, there are people who can afford to pay their loans and perhaps the forgiveness should be based on household income rather than a blanket reduction.  Stop to think about this:  a child who has a good education will become a productive member of society.  They will earn a decent living, will pay taxes and will likely raise children with the same values.  Would you rather put people into bankruptcy or out on the street because they wanted a better life for their children? "

February 16, 2021 8:09 AM MST

Wow L I am very impressed. GOOD JOB honey! You engage when you can where you can how you can! Many just sit back and criticize. Sometimes when you write a letter that's published others who read it might write back. Exchanging views. Always  a very good thing. Thank you for sharing that with us L. A great example of how we can participate. :) ((hugs))
      February 16, 2021 1:29 PM MST

Thank you. :)
      February 16, 2021 3:35 PM MST

:):):)
      February 17, 2021 3:52 AM MST