Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Typical RICH REPUBLICAN REACTION. Where is Texas Senator Ted Cruz? In CANCUN perchance or in Texas freezing his a** off?

Typical RICH REPUBLICAN REACTION. Where is Texas Senator Ted Cruz? In CANCUN perchance or in Texas freezing his a** off?

Posted - February 18, 2021

Responses

You can bet that even if Cruz is in Texas, he isn't freezing his butt off.
      February 18, 2021 8:26 AM MST

A dedicated public servant. Of the Republican ilk. Which is to say selfish self interest motivates each one of them. Crap politicians is what they are. Crap is what they have to give and crap is what their adoring worshippers will defend support protect. Crap is what crap does. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 18, 2021 11:46 AM MST

Not a surprise.  Would I stay there if I had options?  Nope.
      February 18, 2021 9:13 AM MST

Really? Would you also abandon your family to save your own a**? A pol is elected to SERVE HIS CONSTITUENTS! Bailing out on them? Well of course that is what you would expect from any Republican. Whatever. Sheesh. I can see you fleeing from all responsibility and all OATHS and all VOWS. When push comes to shove all Republicans are selfish right? That is what you are saying. You'd do it too? Sheesh. What a surprise. You'd do it too. Abandon your responsibilities. You'd do it too. Sigh. You'd do it too. This post was edited by RosieG at February 18, 2021 11:58 AM MST
      February 18, 2021 11:48 AM MST

I would be taking my family with me....and I am not a politician. 

What can Cruz do?  Like he can go out there and fire up those windmills.  Or defrost those gas lines.   

Yes, it looks bad.  He should know that. But even if he stayed, do you believe he would be freezing somewhere or nice and toasty in a cabin in the woods. 
      February 18, 2021 11:54 AM MST

It just shows that he doesn't care about anyone other than himself.  No, he can't fix the problem (he can't even shave!), but a little sympathy would be nice.  When people are facing a crisis, they want to look to their leaders for support.  cruz and trump.... interchangeable?
      February 18, 2021 11:49 AM MST

Very few Republicans take oaths seriously. Very few will live up to their duties. Talk is cheap. Oaths mean NOTHING TO THEM. SELFISH SELFISH SELFISH SELF-CENTERED. Core character trait. SELF FIRST LAST AND ALWAYS! SCREW YOU they say to anyone who expects better than that. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 18, 2021 2:01 PM MST

The beard makes him look better. 

It takes more than a beard to make someone look better.  Trying to find a way to help your state would make him look better.  Maybe opening up schools or large auditoriums to shelter people.  Get Home Depot or Lowe's to contribute some generators for warmth.  That would make him look better.
      February 18, 2021 12:01 PM MST

There is a virus out there. We cannot have large auditoriums full of strange people spreading this disease. 

They have warming centers in TX right now.  They have generators as well.  Certainly more would not hurt. 

I was speaking to his physical appearance.  The beard helps.  He also got hair plugs or something because his bald spot in the front of his head is not there anymore. 
      February 18, 2021 1:04 PM MST

I'm sure those folks who are in fear of freezing to death would prefer to take their chances being closer to others in a warm auditorium.  What a ridiculous argument you advanced.  

Beard, hair plugs - he's still an idiot and completely tone deaf and removed from what his constituents ae going through.  There is no excuse for his callousness.
      February 18, 2021 9:43 PM MST

I guess you do not recognize sarcasm.

If the people in TX agree with you, he will answer to his voters next election.  
      February 19, 2021 6:56 AM MST

If the people in Texas agreed with me, they would be a Blue State.
      February 19, 2021 8:24 AM MST

• True.
      February 19, 2021 10:22 AM MST