Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Would it be cool if we ran a credit/ donation drive, giving proceeds to a charity?

Would it be cool if we ran a credit/ donation drive, giving proceeds to a charity?

I was just thinking it would be cool to find a cause to give back to as Muggers. What if we ran a donation drive, say the week of Thanksgiving, and donated every penny that was earned via credit sales (or just general donations) to something like Toys for Tots or another cause? If there's value/ interest in this, we could even designate one week each month to give the funds to a different cause.

What do you guys think? Any favorite causes that we should put up for consideration? 

Posted - October 20, 2016

Responses

• It's a really good idea, really good.
    Count me in.
      October 20, 2016 11:52 PM MDT

• Now that the pound is plummeting against the dollar my contribution might be slightly less impressive, but you can have it anyway )
      October 20, 2016 11:54 PM MDT

:)

We are a global site. I checked the stats the other day and only 60% of activity comes from Americans. Still the majority, but I think we should be highlighting global causes as well. In which case, value matters a little less. 

October 21, 2016 12:00 AM MDT

• Wow, that surprises me. I always feel like I'm in a much bigger minority here )
    The global causes thing ... yes!
      October 21, 2016 12:05 AM MDT

I think that is a great idea!  Toys for Tots would be perfect timing for a late November donation. This post was edited by Bozette at October 21, 2016 12:00 AM MDT
      October 20, 2016 11:57 PM MDT

I happen to think that charity begins at home. Consider this one: Little Free Library | Take a Book • Return a Book
      October 22, 2016 12:14 AM MDT

"Begins" being the key word.
      October 22, 2016 12:25 AM MDT