Active Now

my2cents
Shuhak
Randy D
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why is honesty an anomaly in American Politics? Pols take the oaths and say the words and don't mean any of them. Know what would be great?

Why is honesty an anomaly in American Politics? Pols take the oaths and say the words and don't mean any of them. Know what would be great?

That those who say those words having no intention of abiding them would simply drop dead on the spot!

That would stop any fakes phonies charlatans from ever going into politics. What are those hallowed words they so glibly say and do not mean?

For the President

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States and will to the best of my ability PRESERVE PROTECT and DEFEND the Constitution of the United States."

For all other pols

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will SUPPORT and DEFEND the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office which I am about to enter. SO HELP ME GOD."

So FOOTOO would have dropped dead on the spot as would all the pols who engaged in the plotting and planning and executing of the insurrection attempt that so monumentally FAILED. 'We'd get body bags and zip them in and cart them to a coroner for disposition. Cremation of course. What else?

Yep. Say the words and drop dead if you have no intention of meaning them or abiding by them.

Drop dead and save the country untold trillions of dollars and misery. Just drop dead as you lie when you lie as you lie. No liars will ever be in any position of power ever again.

Harsh or fair? I think it's very fair. Weed out the evildoers the greedy money hungry and power hungry SOB's. Save us a lot of grief.

Posted - February 22, 2021

Responses