Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is there a "best" and "worst" way to worry? Are you an "I'll think about it tomorrow" person or a worrywort 24/7?

Is there a "best" and "worst" way to worry? Are you an "I'll think about it tomorrow" person or a worrywort 24/7?

Posted - February 23, 2021

Responses

(extreme humor)

When it comes to worry, it's best to pace yourself.  Start out with just a few when you first wake up, and then gradually add to them during the course of the day.  If one tries to worry about everything all at once, some items might not get the proper amount of worry, while others may get too much.  This will only add another worry to worry about and there's only so much time in a day to worry.  One cannot hold over an unworried worry to the next day, as an unworried worry will lose some of its worry, forcing one to start the worry all over again.    

It's also good to organize one's worries.  Unorganized worrying can lead to useless worrying.  For example, worrying about taking a test one has already taken wouldn't be an effective use of one's limited worry time. 

Worries should also be prioritized.  Prioritizing worries also helps one to allocate the most amount of worrying time to the most important worries at the appropriate time.  For example – ‘Did I turn off my lapel mike before I came into the bathroom to pee?’ should be of slightly higher priority than ‘will I still have armpit hair when I'm 94?’.   

February 23, 2021 12:14 PM MST

Of course you worry after you take the test about whether you passed or flunked. About body hair? Get cancer and chemo for six months and that problem magically disappears! Very nifty reply as usual. "Worry is the interest you pay on trouble". But also maybe if you worry you are more prepared for whatever is coming than if you don't. I shall ask! Run the flag up the flagpole and see who salutes? :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 24, 2021 1:22 AM MST
      February 23, 2021 12:23 PM MST