Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » It this somehow better?

It this somehow better?

Posted - February 24, 2021

Responses

Just today I was listening to a discussion about this very subject. No, it's not better. And the thing is, this is just a continuation of what Obama started. I found this article to be quite interesting.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/baracks-ice-chief-cages-were-obamas-idea

I also found this article quite interesting as well.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2019/07/03/snopes-admits-obama-built-cages-for-immigrant-children-n66837

Thank you for posting this question.
      February 24, 2021 5:54 PM MST

To me this is more like solitary confinement. 

You have to put them somewhere while processing them and children cannot be housed with adults.  I am assuming these are just for the processing. (A few days) until can be moved to a childrens center. I would hate to think this is long term quarters. 

This post was edited by my2cents at February 25, 2021 12:09 PM MST
      February 24, 2021 6:30 PM MST

I agree, that is more like solitary confinement. I also would hate to think they were long-term.
      February 25, 2021 12:18 PM MST

This is worse.  I can't wait to start hearing the stories of what went on in those enclosed spaces with children.  The cages were really OK if the kids had something soft to sleep on and there were plenty of adults around to open the doors for bathroom trips during the night.   When kids were in the cages everyone could see they were OK.  Children's privacy is not a big concern other than bathroom/showering.  Those closed pods are concerning....and look like a 45 mph wind could blow them away.
      February 24, 2021 9:31 PM MST

They are basically shipping containers "dressed up" to make them look more presentable to the public. Their "dressing up" attempt failed.
      February 25, 2021 12:24 PM MST

Everyone is saying that but they aren't. 
      February 25, 2021 10:16 PM MST