Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » As i entered the mall my pants fell down and my shoe came off then when i inserted my card in ATM whole thing opened and all cash fell out..

As i entered the mall my pants fell down and my shoe came off then when i inserted my card in ATM whole thing opened and all cash fell out..

Did you ever start having a bad day like that recently?

Posted - February 24, 2021

Responses

Ok, I can see how one's pants falling down might be on the annoying side (especially if one was wearing then at the time).  However, possessing the "magic" card that opens the ATMs... well, thats like finding 7 ladybugs on 7 4-leaf clovers growing out of 7 rabbits feet atop 7 pennies that are all face up and in the shape of a horseshoe.  Do you know how much copper is inside an ATM?  Why, there's a literal "goldmine" of the stuff in there.  
      February 24, 2021 4:17 PM MST

A goldmine of copper in the ATM? Canadian pennies disappeared 7 years ago;  i wondered where they all went.
      February 24, 2021 4:29 PM MST

Currently, prices for scrap copper are currently very high.   (they can easily trace the cash, but not so well with the copper).

Some of those pennies are sitting in a box in my shed.  I got them back in change from stores over the years (stores love to pawn foreign money off on unsuspecting customers).  When you looked at your change and saw that leaf, you knew you'd been had.  Worthless.
      February 24, 2021 5:22 PM MST

The last batches ofCanadian pennies would stick to a magnet so the quality of the copper would not bring a good price at a scrap dealer; contaminated with iron.

My stupid auto correct had changed batches to hatchets. This post was edited by Kittigate at February 25, 2021 7:53 AM MST
      February 24, 2021 6:00 PM MST