Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you a fan of "BRAND NEW" and "NEW AND IMPROVED"? Or like me are you way behind that curve happily using your desk top computer?

Are you a fan of "BRAND NEW" and "NEW AND IMPROVED"? Or like me are you way behind that curve happily using your desk top computer?

Nor do you have a Smart phone that does everything you want and more?

Is there something wrong with us for liking what we have and not bothering to "upgrade"?

Or is there something wrong with those who are always looking for the newest the best the most the speediest?

Or is there nothing wrong with either group? We're just wired differently? AC or DC. Which is better? Both are valuable right?

Posted - February 27, 2021

Responses

Who cares?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That's not the attitudes manufactures want to hear.  They don't make them money. So they "upgrade" their products.  Of course, everyone doesn't want to upgrade their product, or can even afford to.  BUt if manufactures can get people to think they need their product...$$$.  What better way than to use people's inherent desire to compete.  "Keeping up with the Joneses".  if that doesn't work, they also make everything run only on the "new" versions (good luck using Windows 95 anymore)

Does everyone need a cell phone?  No.  But they got some hooked on them and then made it seemingly appear  that one couldn't live without one.  Bingo!  Now over half the world is shelling out money to get a phone, have providers (to make the phone work) and  make everything dependant on one.

I have no phone and have no intention of getting one.  I have no need of one and I can't even see one - with glasses!  However, if I want a job I have to get one, as most places make it a requirement of employment.  
      February 27, 2021 12:50 PM MST

First of all when anyone starts off with "WHO CARES" I always give my standard stock ordinary typical average standard LOGICAL answer. "I care or I would not have asked." For future reference. Setting that aside I just wondered why so I asked. Are those who want to be ahead of the curve or at the front "better" than those who are happy with things as they are or just different but equally valuable? What do you think? Oh. I care or I wouldn't ask! Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Sunday. I cannot imagine being tied to anything electronic electrical 24/7 and fixated on it. I think it is an addiction. I shall ask. :)
      February 28, 2021 2:25 AM MST

Oh, dear.   It wasn't meant to be my view, rather as an introduction to the rest of my answer.   The attitudes of people in general.   Maybe I should have put it in quotes or italicized it?   It was a bit strong.  In retrospect, I should have used different words.  My apologies.
      February 28, 2021 10:26 AM MST

You hit a VERY VERY VERY sore spot with me m'dear. I cannot tell you how many smarta** members in my past on Answerbag and also on the mug  have started off with WHO CARES? It's insulting and aggravating and annoying and very low class in my opinion.  But since we've never discussed it before how could you know? It just shocked me that those words came out of YOU so I reacted without any shading or nuance or subtlety. Straight on. Head on. I expect there are a bazillion questions I ask that you don't care about and that's fine with me when you just don't answer them. Did I beat that dead horse too much? SIGH. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I don't care about a lot of stuff myself and so I never  go "there". I could say "I don't care at all about this but if you do here goes". I just giggled. Imagine starting off a question by saying "I DON'T CARE"? I guess there is humor in everything. All ya gotta do is squint and there it is. So we're good right? :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 1, 2021 10:50 AM MST
      March 1, 2021 3:25 AM MST

:) 
      March 1, 2021 9:16 AM MST

Cool! :)
      March 1, 2021 10:49 AM MST