Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You can't take credit for the genes you have but you can take credit for what you do with them. So how we doing?

You can't take credit for the genes you have but you can take credit for what you do with them. So how we doing?

"It's what you do with what ya got and never mind how much ya got it's what ya do with what ya got that pays off in the end!"

Posted - February 27, 2021

Responses

Appearances count up to a point, and when I was young, I wouldn't be seen outside the house without makeup and my hair done perfectly.  Over the years, I find that when I'm not at work, it matters not at all.  Since March 13, the only time I put on makeup and did my hair up was when a friend of mine took a video that my niece used in an on-line birthday party for my sister's 70th birthday.  That was it.  People will either like me or not based on who I am, not by what I look like. :)
      March 11, 2021 6:46 AM MST

You know what's so odd? Every male in my life preferred me WITHOUT MAKEUP! So my experience with that is kinda weird. Husbands, boyfriends, my son. My son told me when he was 12 that my lipstick made me look like a CLOWN! So I switched to a very pale pink. The men in my life have given me very valuable feedback. Maybe it's because I've always been attracted to the same type? I dunno. After I retired I stopped using makeup completely at Jim's request. I've been BAREFACED every since then. Go figger! Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 12, 2021 1:58 AM MST
      March 11, 2021 11:51 AM MST

I'm glad you feel comfortable with no makeup.  I do, too, but when you work in an office, you like to look a bit more professional, so I wear makeup.  
      March 11, 2021 7:59 PM MST

Of course. When I worked I did wear minimal makeup. But the day I retired I stopped. Then later I remember we were going out somewhere and I think I put on some lipstick. I looked weird to me so I removed it. It's funny when I was younger I'd do the eye makeup...eye shadow eye liner but I never did use Mascara. I never used face makeup or rouge. No powderpuff or "skin tone" blemish coverups. I always had good skin. No zits. Plus my natural skin color was good. I was very lucky. My mom had very good skin and my "baby" sister does too. So that eliminated a need for a lot of the makeup some use. But that makeup is a BLESSING. In junior college I belonged to a sorority. One gal was always wearing TONS of makeup. So Easter week we rented a house at Laguna Beach....the frats and sororities at Pasadena City College all did that and we looked out for one another. At night the first night she removed her makeup and had a huge portwine birthmark on one cheek. It's all you could see. No wonder she wore so much makeup. Ever since then I don't judge. You never know what people are needing to cover up! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 12, 2021 6:53 AM MST
      March 12, 2021 1:54 AM MST

I use a very light foundation, a bit of blush, a neutral eye shadow and mascara.  Nothing overdone.  
      March 12, 2021 6:54 AM MST

Good taste m'dear. You don't shout HERE I AM LOOK AT ME. Very low key ladylike and streamlined. CLASSIC. CLASSY. No one can beat that in my opinion. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 19, 2021 7:02 AM MDT