Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Would you rather be part of the ENTERTAINMENT or part of the AUDIENCE? Why?

Would you rather be part of the ENTERTAINMENT or part of the AUDIENCE? Why?

Posted - February 28, 2021

Responses

If I don't have to see the audience (or even think about them being there), and if it's completely anonymous (they don't know who I am), then I like to entertain.  
      February 28, 2021 12:24 PM MST

You do? In your real life? I know you do in your internet social site life...at least for this site. I know you visit other social sites as well. Not me. I'd rather be the director or the producer thereof an not the center of attention. Different strokes m'dear. If you're on TV other than the production crew you don't need an in-studio audience. They have laugh tracks. They use a lot of recordings these days during athletic competitions. Crowd noise to make it seem as if there are people there watching. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      March 1, 2021 2:34 AM MST

I have more humor than most people know.  I see humor everywhere.  Of course , my humor is my humor... meaning, what I see as funny, others may not (they don't get it).  Having to constantly explain humor kind of ruins it.   IF(and I stress IF) I know someone (emphasize one) AND feel very comfortable around them, I can be quite entertaining (even up to doing improv).  I would NEVER want to be the center of attention.  I could NEVER do ANYTHING in front of a camera or anything of that nature (even without an audience).  No, no, no, no, no.

Laugh tracks are used as a cue to tell the "audience" (viewer) when to laugh.  (Like people don't know when something's funny so they have to be told?)  
      March 1, 2021 10:54 AM MST

When you're with others who are laughing doesn't it cue you too? When you watch something all by yourself are you as apt to laugh out loud at something as you are when surrounded by others who are laughing? In a movie theater I remember we'd clap when the good guys showed up. Yes. Very long ago. I have never done that in my living room. Have you done it in yours? I think it's infectious...laughter or clapping. Also it's joining together. Many years ago when I attended grammar school we had a neighborhood COMMUNITY SING on Monday nights in the school auditorium. The whole family walked down there. We lived two blocks away. Even my dad. Well mom and my sis and I would not have walked down in the dark alone. But it was fun. I mean it was a work night and a school night so it lasted only about an hour. Other neighbors would walk down too and just the togetherness made it enjoyable. So I get sound tracks. They're like shills that trigger the desired action. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! You could do a podcast and probably have a lot of subscribers. You'd not see them so nothing to be self-conscious about. Maybe a pal would be there to be the person you felt very comfortable around to loosen you up? :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 1, 2021 11:16 AM MST
      March 1, 2021 11:13 AM MST

No.  If I find something funny, I laugh.  If not, I don't.  I don't like laugh tracks for that very reason.  Yes, laughter can be infections (like  a yawn), but even so if I don't find something funny, I don't laugh - even if others are.  How does one laugh at what they don't see as funny?  
      March 1, 2021 11:29 AM MST

That's easy. To not stick out or stand out or be different. Lots of folks operate that way all the time. They take their cues from their surroundings and act accordingly to be "one of the crowd". But you know that. You just forgot. Right? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      March 1, 2021 11:44 AM MST