Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Whether on a cruise a subway or at a rock concert you are jammed together with complete strangers. Your cuppa tea?

Whether on a cruise a subway or at a rock concert you are jammed together with complete strangers. Your cuppa tea?

Posted - February 28, 2021

Responses

It didn't used to bother me, but now it creeps me out. I don't even like being in a room with more than 8 people. I have to leave.
      February 28, 2021 9:40 AM MST

For me it was since I can remember. It got worse as I got older. It's funny but being in jampacked crowds seems to juice people up and they easily become a mob. Then there are folks like me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine.
      March 1, 2021 2:00 AM MST

NO!!!  Just reading this question made me cringe.  It doesn't matter if they're strangers or family, crowds give me anxiety and panic attacks (not a pretty picture)!!  I do not like feeling "pinned in".  I'm ok with 2 or three other people (not to close), but beyond that I have to get out.  Even at church I sit in the very back away from others (NO ONE can sit next to me!!!!)
      February 28, 2021 12:20 PM MST

We've had this conversation more than once m'dear. It's funny bizarre how some folks are drawn to huge crowds which energize them and emboldens them and they become mobs. What is that dynamic all about? Whatever it is count me out!  For me it's sitting on the left and way in back nearest the nearest exit ON THE AISLE seat. I think I told you once when I was out on a date he wanted to sit in middle so we had to crawl over knees and once we sat down I was trapped. There was never a second date. I was too shy to say anything in those days. Feeling trapped is something I do not enjoy. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Monday to thee and thine. :)
    s
      March 1, 2021 2:05 AM MST

I do not like crowds but sometimes you have no choice if it is something you want to do.
      February 28, 2021 4:02 PM MST

If there were a crowd, I wouldn't want to go there.
      February 28, 2021 4:05 PM MST

I have been to several concerts...those will never be without a crowd. 
    Same with amusement parks etc.
      February 28, 2021 4:09 PM MST

True. I guess I never wanted more than I didn't want. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      March 1, 2021 2:07 AM MST