Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If the earth were not exactly precisely the way it is could human life exist?

If the earth were not exactly precisely the way it is could human life exist?

Are there other "life forms" on other planets with other components?

What are the odds of this planet being made up of what was needed to support our lives? The lives of all the animals that ever existed? The lives of vegetables and flowers and trees.

We are not wild animals. We are not vegetables. We are not minerals. Yet we are here. What exists here is suitable for all of that? Isn't that odd? What are the odds?

Posted - March 4, 2021

Responses

Not in the way we know it.  Earth's Uniqueness is 1 in 700 quintillion.

The precise distance earth is from its sun
    the precise distance the moon is from the earth (along with is large size)
    The exact position of the other planets in our solar system.
    The exact position of the solar system in the galaxy.
    The exact composition of its core
    the exact speed of its rotation
    the precise thickness of our atmosphere....

this and more is needed just to have liquid water on the surface.  
    The Probability of your existence is 1 in 102,685,000 (that's 10 followed by 2,685,000 zeros).

Which is easier to believe - that somehow you defied the odds, or the God created?
      March 4, 2021 12:14 PM MST

1 in SEVEN QUINTILLION? Who can calculate quintillions Shuhak? What kind of machine can do that? So the mystery of life can only be explained through GOD? Elsewise otherwise the odds of our being here are so extreme that one could say they were impossible without another HAND to guide it along? SIGH. Do you think there is life elsewhere? Intelligent life way more so that ours? What about a lifeform that doesn't harbor hate only love? A lifeform that is all about cooperating conciliating coordinating? I bet somewhere out there such exists. Through GOD or GODS I do not know. I have often thought that all GODS are one or related. The Christian GOD as well the all the other supreme beings of all religions. All gathered together unified. It is we who are divided and combative and hate.  And so it goes. Thank you for your helpful and very hard to comprehend reply. My brain doesn't do quintillion at all. I wish it did. :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 4, 2021 4:18 PM MST
      March 4, 2021 3:53 PM MST