Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » I’m working on a no-questions-asked supplement or vitamin or medication or some such thing and I need volunteers for testing it.

I’m working on a no-questions-asked supplement or vitamin or medication or some such thing and I need volunteers for testing it.

Please just reply to this space for your online copy of the legally binding hold-harmless waiver, thank you all. (Cough, cough.)
~

Posted - March 11, 2021

Responses

That is not a cromulent request.  Medical history for volunteers should be at the forefront of their acceptance. 
      March 11, 2021 11:48 AM MST

Take the pill first and then we can discuss all those fine points of medical ethics that you’re bringing up . . . 

~

March 11, 2021 11:53 AM MST

You can take it first and if I see there are no side effects, I still won't take it. 

This post was edited by . at March 11, 2021 8:34 PM MST
      March 11, 2021 12:38 PM MST

It’s formulated specifically for female physiology . . . 

~

March 11, 2021 6:07 PM MST

Note to self: Keep all my meds under lock and key. 
      March 12, 2021 7:02 AM MST

Good grief!  You make it sound like a triple blind study...  one in which even the one conducting the study has no knowledge of what's going on.

When you request like this, you don't want to come out and say, "I need women to be my human guinea pigs."  No, you have to be more subtle; give an appearance of being friendly ... 

"We are currently looking for female participants who would be willing to priticaite in clinical trial."

It also helps if you use the name of a prestigious institute... you know, so it sounds more "legit"...

"The Cambridge University Hospital is currently looking for female participants who would be willing to priticaite in a clinical trial."

This way you'll get more "volunteers".  And once you get then in AND they've signed the waiver (don't forget the waiver), then you can conduct all your so-called "tests" on/with them.  

March 11, 2021 12:54 PM MST

That’s it! You’re now hired as my Study Coordinator and Program Manager!
    (It doesn’t pay a dime, but for legal purposes, let’s just put your name and likeness on all the official documents and whatever will be looked at by law enforcement in case there are questions. Cough, cough.)
    ~

March 11, 2021 2:14 PM MST

I'm not falling for that .... again.
      March 11, 2021 3:54 PM MST

But it went so well (for me) all those other times you’ve fallen for it!

~

March 11, 2021 6:01 PM MST

I'm all in.

March 12, 2021 8:16 PM MST