Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The EU (European Union) has suspended the use of Astra Zeneca vaccine due to concerns about blood clots. "Cure" worse than the disease?

The EU (European Union) has suspended the use of Astra Zeneca vaccine due to concerns about blood clots. "Cure" worse than the disease?

When a blood clot reaches the heart you die. My oh my. If it isn't one thing it's another!

Posted - March 12, 2021

Responses

I don't think the EU has, but certainly several countries have until any link between the clots and the vaccine can be either established or discounted: correlation is not necessarily cause.

. The World Health Organisation has said the precaution was not necessary, because the vaccine has not done anything exceptional.

These are new vaccines for a new disease so we can expect possible side-effects that will have to be investigated. I have had my first vaccination, and of the Oxford / Astra-Zeneca vaccine, had some odd but minor after-effects, and I am not panicking about it.
      March 14, 2021 5:59 PM MDT

We haven't yet. We are waiting for more Johnson & Johnson single dose vaccines to be shipped. Of course we can't choose which we want. Right now in use is the Moderna and the Pfizer. My sister and brother-in-law who live in Carson City, Nevada got their first of two Moderna vaccinations. No side effects from the first shot. The second is due March 30. In the meantime we mask glove social distance wash our hands a lot (we always did) and spray with Lysol. So far so good. We have been doing what we were advised to do FROM DAY ONE. No stupid dumb refusal to mask. No stupid dumb ignoring or mocking or ridiculing. No stupid dumb maskless gatherings. NONE! We will continue on as we have and at some point will get a shot or the shots. In the meantime we hope these dangerous variants will stop forming. We don't know how effective the current vaccines can possibly be when they have been formulated for the ORIGINAL COVID 19. The US has its own dangerous variants as well as some from other countries. Dr. Fauci keeps IMPLORING people to go slow and not abandon the guidelines but well the GOP Republicans and FOOTOO fools will just keep massively congregating maskless. No one tells them what to do. SIGH. Thank you for your reply. You don't panic? Good for you! I try to avoid situations that would cause me to. I think avoidance is a very good tool don't you? Thank you for your reply Durdle! :)
      March 15, 2021 3:17 AM MDT