Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Life mirrors art eventually. April 27, 1975 "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" was released. RELEVANCE?

Life mirrors art eventually. April 27, 1975 "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" was released. RELEVANCE?

If you saw the movie remember the bit about THE BLACK KNIGHT?

Well the FOOTOO folks are THE BLACK KNIGHT only not nearly as hilarious.

The parallel is absolutely AMAZING. What man conceives man achieves...eventually.

Posted - March 13, 2021

Responses

Black knight after one arm is cut off - "'Tis but a scratch.  Come on you  pansy!"

Black knight after other arm is cut off - "Merely as flesh wound."  

Black knight after 1 of his legs is cut off - "I'm invincible!"
    Arthur - "you're a loony, that's what."
    Black Knight - "the black nights always triumph!"
    Arthur cuts off the black knight's other leg.
    Black knight - "We'll call it a draw."

A perfect parallel!
      March 13, 2021 11:02 AM MST

Thank you m'dear. When it occurred to me I giggled. I think that is a MOST BRILLIANTLY perceptive scene I have ever been privileged to witness in terms of hilarious truth. Figuratively or literally it's almost as if the creators of that scene foresaw FOOTOO and his crew. It just is stunning to me how long ago it was and how PERFECTLY applicable it is to today. Thank you for seeing it that way. I think it's inescapably spot on and hat's off to the writers. Did the Monty Python crew write their own stuff? I mean right now I am replaying that in my mind's eye and I see it so CLEARLY! It's funny bizarre. I wish FOOTOO and the crew were at least that. :)
      March 14, 2021 4:13 AM MDT

Yes, they wrote their own stuff.
      March 14, 2021 10:11 AM MDT

Totally brilliant! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      March 14, 2021 10:13 AM MDT