Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » RACISM and BIGOTRY permeates every country. WHY?

RACISM and BIGOTRY permeates every country. WHY?

Posted - March 15, 2021

Responses

Because too many people in one group have a need to feel superior to those in some other group(s).
      March 16, 2021 9:00 AM MDT

I agree and what I can't figure out is why? What difference does it make? WHO CARES? I don't get it. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 16, 2021 2:57 PM MDT

Thy care because they feel inferior and have no self-esteem.
      March 17, 2021 10:54 AM MDT

I wonder who the very first racist bigot was? That would be nifty to know. I don't understand hating those who are better at some things than we are. Everyone is better at something. What is so horrible about that? I know what I'm not and I know what I am and there is nothing others have I want. Now I do admire people for having traits I lack. Like patience but well we've discussed that. Thank you for your reply L. I got a question I'm gonna ask about that! I know! What a surprise! :)
      March 18, 2021 3:46 AM MDT

I think much of it has to do with your family situation as you grow up.  If you have supportive parents, you develop self-esteem and come to understand that your success in life is up to you.  Others aren't as fortunate and they either learn their self-worth later in life through others who support them or never at all.  Those who never learn usually blame everyone else for their shortcomings - it's easier than taking responsibility for your own failures.
      March 18, 2021 7:43 AM MDT

I think it must be the hardest thing in the world for parents who are African American to "have the talk" with their children. On top of everything else they have to contend with (growing up is no piece of cake for anyone) they have to explain why the color of their skin could make targets of them.

Unbearably grim that. Laying that on an innocent child at an early enough age to "protect" them is probably a lot harder than the birds and the bees talk. I feel for them and for their children. An added layer of abuse that could go deadly wrong. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Thursday to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 18, 2021 7:58 AM MDT
      March 18, 2021 7:46 AM MDT

I couldn't imagine having to do that myself.  
      March 18, 2021 7:59 AM MDT

Me too neither. But every single family of African Americans does it. Not because they want to but they have to of necessity. Even then it doesn't always save their children's lives as we know by reading of the "deaths" (I call them murders) of so many of their children. Sigh. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 18, 2021 8:23 AM MDT

It is a necessary evil unfortunately.  So many young Black kids being killed, not only by police, but by gangs and some of them are innocent bystanders hit by stray bullets.  Terrible.
      March 18, 2021 11:40 AM MDT

Now thanks to FOOTOO the targets are Asian Americans. The FOOTOO branding of "the CHINA VIRUS" or whatever other word he used is the direct causes. He points his mongrels in a direction and off they go. Predictable. That a racist fascist misogynist traitor can do this to the country is unbelievable. But believe it. He done dood it and is continuing to destroy. His mission in life. Too bad he was born. Seriously. Too bad. Thank you for your reply L.
      March 19, 2021 3:44 AM MDT

Donald J. Trump is the poster boy for birth control.
      March 19, 2021 8:56 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! You always hit it squarely in the gut m'dear. What good has he contributed to the world? We may not all contribute good but the least we can do is not contribute bad. I'll ask. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 19, 2021 10:41 AM MDT